Hooked on Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > November 2020

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hazel (last edited Nov 03, 2020 05:08AM) (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) Having trouble getting through your to read shelf? Can't decide what to read next? Would you like someone to choose a book for you to read? This is a monthly challenge where participants get paired up randomly and their partner picks a book for them to read. If this sounds like fun to you, welcome to this month's Pick It For Me challenge!

Sign ups end on the 24th. Partners will be assigned shortly thereafter. Book choices for your partners are to be given -on or before the 1st-. Please check back often during that time to be sure that you don't miss anything!

Guidelines
** Sign up below with your to-read shelf (or the shelf you prefer your picks to come from). Please do this so I will not have to guess which one.
* Please be sure that your profile is set to public, or that you friend your partner so that they can see your shelves.
- IF YOUR PROFILE IS NOT SET TO PUBLIC, PLEASE PROVIDE A LIST FOR YOUR PARTNER TO CHOOSE FROM

If you do not plan to participate or are unsure if you can pick a novel for your partner, PLEASE, PLEASE do not sign up. It is very difficult to re-pair individuals once we are underway.

After your partner selects a book for you, be sure and check back in each week or so to let us know your progress. Tell us if you like the book, love it or think it is just so-so.

1) Leticia picks for Morana Pick Two (Msg 19)

2) Christine picks for Kathy (Msg 17)

3) Miss F (Sophie) picks for Christine (Msg 29)

4) Morana Pick Two picks for Nola (Msg 16)

5) Kathy picks for Leticia (Msg 25)

6) Carrie picks for Miss F (Sophie)

7) Lisa picks for Carrie (Msg 18)

8) Nola picks for Lisa (Msg 29)

message 3: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) lemon-chan wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
here’s my tbr!"

Glad to have you, but your profile is set to private so we cannot see your shelf. Let me know when you make it public or otherwise just list a few books for us to choose from.

message 4: by Leticia (new)

message 5: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) my account is public now!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi!!
Ill join
Here are my tbr with a buddy:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
Pick from any there😃

message 8: by Morana (new)

Morana (moranalove) | 56 comments I'll join: pick 2 from tbr shelf

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 519 comments I'm in with my Pick-it-for-me shelf https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 11: by Lisa (new)

message 13: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) lemon-chan wrote: "my account is public now!"

I'm so sorry, I'm still unable to view your profile/shelves. If you just want to give us a few to choose from that's fine too, still plenty of time before the 1st :)

message 14: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) Sign ups have now closed, I will assign partners soon.

message 15: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) Partners have now been assigned

message 16: by Morana (new)

Morana (moranalove) | 56 comments Nola I pick The Ship of the Dead by Rick Riordan

message 17: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1251 comments Kathy-I pick The Princess and the Fangirl (Once Upon a Con, #2) by Ashley Poston

message 18: by Lisa (new)

message 19: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 440 comments Morana, I'll pick The Wrath and the Dawn and Dracula

message 20: by Morana (new)

Morana (moranalove) | 56 comments Thanks Leticia for the picks

message 21: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Lisa wrote: "Carrie- I pick Mistress of the Art of Death"

Thank you :)

message 22: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments I have sent Miss F (Sophie), a friends request.

message 23: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) I have messaged Miss F about making their profile public, hopefully she gets back to us, thank you for sending a friend request :)

message 24: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 440 comments Morana wrote: "Thanks Leticia for the picks"

I hope you like them. I have The Wrath and the Dawn in my TBR too and want to reread an annotated version of Dracula anytime soon.

message 25: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 519 comments For Leticia, I have selected "A Curious Beginning" A Curious Beginning (Veronica Speedwell, #1) by Deanna Raybourn I've read it and enjoyed it. I hope you do too.

message 26: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 519 comments Christine wrote: "Kathy-I pickThe Princess and the Fangirl (Once Upon a Con, #2) by Ashley Poston"

Good! I've been wanting to read this one and could not seem to get around to it. I really enjoyed the first book in the series and I hope this one is just as entertaining.

message 27: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 440 comments Kathy wrote: "For Leticia, I have selected "A Curious Beginning" A Curious Beginning (Veronica Speedwell, #1) by Deanna Raybourn I've read it and enjoyed it. I hope you do too."

Thanks Kathy!

message 28: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 70 comments Hi. I haven’t received my pick yet.

message 29: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) Okay we have a few people who haven't had a pick. I'm going to pick for you now rather than wait any longer for your partner's.

CHRISTINE - What the Dead Know

LISA - How to Behave Badly in Renaissance England (I loved that book, got a few giggles out of it too)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.