Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > ‘Dexter’ Returning to Showtime for 10-Episode Limited Series

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) whoooo hooo I loved this show

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7453 comments Nice, the show is great.

Sarah-Grace (Azrael865) (sarah-grace) | 184 comments This show is one of the few times that the television version is better than the books, although the books were fun.

message 4: by Peter (new)

Peter Topside | 299 comments I'm not familiar with the premise of the show, but know a fair amount of people who loved it. I saw the ad for this limited season and it got me wondering if I should binge watch it. Can someone bring me up to date on it?

message 5: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1639 comments Dexter is a serial killer that is also a blood-splatter analyst for the Miami police department. His adoptive father, a police officer, recognized his "dark side" early on, realized he couldn't get rid of it, so guided it. Dexter has been taught a code that only allows him to kill those that "deserve" to be killed, for the crimes they've gotten away with.

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7453 comments Peter wrote: "I'm not familiar with the premise of the show, but know a fair amount of people who loved it. I saw the ad for this limited season and it got me wondering if I should binge watch it. Can someone br..."

I'd recommend giving the series a go if you have access to it.

message 7: by Manny (new)

Manny (midnightmoss) | 6 comments I was just thinking of rewatching it the other week! Now I have a reason to 😂

message 8: by Nancy (last edited Apr 29, 2021 08:12PM) (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 740 comments I don’t have Showtime. 😢

I loved watching Dexter when it was on.

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7453 comments I probably won't do a re watch, I might be able to find somewhere to watch this.

message 10: by D.W. (new)

D.W. Hitz (dwhitz) | 55 comments I'm excited about this. Hoping this time Dexter gets a better ending.

Regarding the book vs the show--They both have positives and negatives. I love the internal vision of Dexter and his dark passenger in the books, which is less touched upon in the show. The show's Dexter is much more capable, while the book's character is ofter saved by deus ex machina. But the books' humor is never realized in the show.

They are like different universes, but both I think are enjoyable.

message 11: by Alan (new)

Alan | 5297 comments Mod
The first book was the basis for the first season, but they've been completely different after that. Most of the books are as terrific if not better than the best seasons of the show.

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7453 comments D.W. wrote: "I'm excited about this. Hoping this time Dexter gets a better ending.

Regarding the book vs the show--They both have positives and negatives. I love the internal vision of Dexter and his dark pass..."

That's what I am hoping for the most, a better ending to the series.