Play Book Tag discussion

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
This topic is about Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
October 2020: Other Books > [Poll Book Tally] Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loose 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karin | 7262 comments This was silly, but also rather witty and at times so it's a 3 star read for me. It was published in 1925 and is set in the 20s during the flapper era. It took a couple of "typos" for me to realize that some of the spelling is off on purpose. For instants, Lorelei hears some riskay stories and meets a Frenchman named Robber (for the French Robert)--those are just three examples--but thankfully Loos wasn't too loose with those or it would have become rather annoying. Basically, Lorelei is a young women many men are willing to spend plenty of money with but she is sure to be a "good girl" to keep her reputation intact. She lives in New York after one of these men convinced her to leave Hollywood (although she often thinks of going back). There is more to Lorelei than first meets the eye and she has just enough saving graces to keep her from being extremely annoying, which is why I ended up liking this. The book blurb says more about what the book is actually about, but I am thinking of reading the next book in the series.

Robin P | 1928 comments I read this earlier in the year when I needed short books for a Readathon and I was surprised how delightful it was. Lorelei is actually very clever when it comes to getting what she wants.