What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Father commits suicide after finding out he married his daughter, his son is a murderer who kidnaps a boy.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabriel (new)

Gabriel | 5 comments a father leaves his son, daughter and wife. the brother becomes a murderer. the daughter searches for her father. the father becomes wealthy. the daughter finds her father, he hires her not knowing who she is. they fall in love get married. the brother is murdering this whole time. the son finds the sister and father steals coins and uses the coins to lure a little boy in, and kidknapps him a detective is on the case and pieces things together the father commits suicide after finding out he married his daughter.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39865 comments Mod
And you read this when? Remember the cover? Was it a paper book, ebook, other? Author male or female? What country and/or region was it set in? What time period?

message 3: by Gabriel (new)

Gabriel | 5 comments READ IN 2011. PAPERBACK. MALE AUTHOR. USA. 1980'S+

message 4: by Gabriel (new)

Gabriel | 5 comments THE BROTHER IS A SERIAL KILLER TRAVELING, TAKES PARTS OF HIS VICTIMS. STAYS IN A MOTEL WHERE HE TAKES A LITTLE BOY.

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Gabriel, no need to shout. Did the woman know that she was marrying her father and do it anyway? Or did she not know either?

message 6: by Gabriel (new)

Gabriel | 5 comments She knew and did it anyway. I'm sorry about the all caps I was doing some data entry that requires all letters be capitalized.

message 7: by Gabriel (new)

Gabriel | 5 comments She went in search of her father and found him at work but they thought she was applying for a job and hired her. They fall in love.

Justanotherbiblophile | 1779 comments Hey Gabriel, you can edit your old posts - and take out the caps :)

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Gabriel, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 10: by Bobby (new)

Bobby (bobbyb-aka-plarry) | 24 comments I don't mean to be cryptic, but there is a historical mystery by a fairly well-known author that matches one-half of your plot description very well. Are you sure you're not confusing two books? I won't post details here because of the reveal that I don't even think a "spoiler" tag would suffice for, but if you email me I will clarify.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Gabriel, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response. Moving to Abandoned.