The Selectionᵃᶰ ᵃᵈᵛᵃᶰᶜᵉᵈ ʳᵒˡᵉᵖˡᵃʸ discussion

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

avery ♞ do something revolutionary (averyreadsbooks) | 714 comments Mod
This is a room similar to most ballrooms. It is extremely fancy down to the very last detail. Dances and other parties are held here. It is only used every now and then.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier walked into the ballroom, his hands in his pockets. He had calmed down a bit, but definitely not enough to be around people. So to fix that, he came to a place that was pretty much only even entered when a ball or other special event was being held. No one ever came in there, what were the chances of someone coming in there now? Xavier sat down in the middle, under a huge chandelier, and leaned back until he was laying down at staring up at the elaborately designed ceiling. Clara. She would've loved this. I don't think she ever came in here. Everything reminded him of her, everything.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Maeve stormed in, storming in for really no reason. One of her many children was practicing dancing or some weird princess thing. Wait, no, it's a boy. She walked over closer. It was Xaiver, what was the prince doing in the ballroom? "What the hell are you doing in here? Passing by?" She smirked. He looked like he just wanted to be alone. But he wasn't. Maeve was here. Joy. For her, not for Xaiver.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier internally groaned. First Morrigan, now his mother. He had no peace in the castle, not one bit. He wasn't even trying to be polite anymore, Morrigan had annoyed him to the point that anyone who was trying to annoy him wasn't even able to right now. Xavier stood up from where he had been sitting, and looked at his mother. "Oh, don't try to mock me right now. Morrigan has done plenty of that already. What do you want?"

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh, your dear sister Morrigan would never do such a thing when you are feeling so so sad. I don't believe that. Don't lie about your sister who wouldn't do something like that!" Maeve told him, knowing what he said was perfectly true and Morrigan would do that in a second. Of course, why not make her son's day a tad bit worse.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier sighed once more, crossing his arms before uncrossing them once more. "I'm not-nevermind. Mother, what do you want? I haven't done anything to Morrigan, and she teased and taunts me until I break. I haven't done anything to you, and you reprimand me. Just leave me alone, okay?"

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"Son, I was thinking you might need advice on surviving this life," Maeve told him oh-so-sincerely. Of course she wouldn't give him helpful advice, why would she do that for someone? No one deserved it. And she didn't have that kind of knowledge. She just was clever and cunning.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier sighed once again, just deciding to get this over with. "And what might this "advice" be, Mother?"

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

"If someone bothers you, just shut yourself in your room. It'll be harder to annoy you there," she "advised". Maybe it would work and he would stay away.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments "Well, no one ever comes in here unless there's an event happening. So why'd you come in here, Mother? You could've just taken you're own advice and locked yourself in your room."

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm the queen. I have responsibilities. You're a little child. I came in here because it was a passage way to go to a hallway. And I heard someone," she told him.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments "First of all, Mother, I am not a "little child". I am free to go and do whatever I please. And why are you even speaking to me, then? It seems you have somewhere to be. And you obviously have no other reason to be staying in here besides to ridicule me," Xavier said boldly to his mother.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

She couldn't help herself. Maeve smacked Xaiver on the face. He had no right to back talk to her like that. He deserved every bit of pain she gave him and more. So she slapped him again on the other side of the face.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier was more surprised than hurt, by far. The slaps hadn't hurt that much, just a bit of a sting. But his mother? Slapping him?! He closed his eyes for a second before doing or saying anything he would immediately regret. He was already in enough trouble with her as it was. She had been the one to fire Clara ((is that okay? I can change it if you want, it just seems like the two already have a bad relationship and she seems mean enough to do it)) after knowing what he had been doing behind her back, and she had never forgotten it.

((I'll change this if you want, just let me know :) ))

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

((That's totally fine :) ))
Maeve turned her back, smiled innocently, and walked off. He was probably remembering that annoying maid he had an affair with. Of course, she fired the maid. Of course, Xaiver never knew she was executed. He just thought she was sent to her home province.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments ((Awesome, thanks :) I might have her actually not be dead, so maybe she could just tell him she was executed but (if I do decide on this), the queen ordered her to be executed and she escaped or something?))

Xander nodded, and calmed down. Even though his mother was obviously annoyed, he wanted to know one thing before the entire selection started and he spent almost all of his time in his room. "Mother? Will you just…tell me how she is? Or, I don't know. Just…something. Anything," he pleaded.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

((Oh I like that last idea))
"She's resting for the rest of her life," she said with a laugh. "Clara kicked he bucket." He probably knew how.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments ((Awesome! By the way, that previous post was supposed to say Xavier, oops! XD))

Xavier stood for a second, comprehending what his mother had just stated flippantly. "Mother…are you…what are you saying?" Xavier's breathing quickened and he suddenly found it harder to breath. He knew exactly what she was saying. His mother had killed his love.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments ((Helloooooooooooooo? Anybody home?))

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sorry I went to bed))
"I ordered for your dear Clara to be executed," Maeve smiled. "She was distracting to you, and we could never have you marry some little maid like her. It would destroy the royal reputation."

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier stared down his mother, processing the fact that not only was his dear Clara dead, but it was all because of his own mother. Being much taller than her, Xavier stepped forward slowly, until he had backed her against the wall and was towering over her. In a low and dangerously calm voice, he spoke. "I swear, Mother. You will regret this. You don't deserve children, you don't deserve love. You murdered someone you knew was special to me. You don't deserve anything except what you did to her."

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments ((That was entertaining to write and picture in my head XD))

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Maeve simply laughed. Or you could call it cackled. "You will be dead and gone by some unfortunate death if you try to hurt me, child." It was funny to kill one of her son's dear lovers then watch him morn and threaten weakly. Most people would just think that she was a psychopathic killer and order to kill her. Of course, she was the queen, so no one could do that to her without getting themselves and their family murdered.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier felt his hands unconsciously form into fists. He was about to hit her-really, truly hit his mother-but calmed down a second later. He wouldn't do it. Xavier would not allow himself to harm his family, no matter what they did. And right there was the difference between Xavier and his mother. Without saying anything, Xavier spun out of the room, tears already forming in his eyes.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments ((Haha, ikr? XD I don't really know what happened, it was just an idea. He is literally having like, one of the worst days ever :'( ))

The Selectionᵃᶰ ᵃᵈᵛᵃᶰᶜᵉᵈ ʳᵒˡᵉᵖˡᵃʸ

unread topics | mark unread