Nothing but Books discussion

Thoughts? > Over-rated books

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maryam , Head of BOTM and Polls (new)

Maryam  (maryamhisham) | 1176 comments Mod
We come across books that are over-rated. What do you think of them? Do you know any of those books? If so, what are your thoughts?

message 2: by ForevaBookish✨, Head of Games and Trivia (new)

ForevaBookish✨ (krazily_bookishly_boring13_6) | 890 comments Mod
Ik many people have different opinions but I dnt like the shadowhunter chronicles by cassandra clare and i do feel they r highly hyped.. not that i hate them but i jst dnt find them worth the hype..

message 3: by Amelie, Head of Readathons and Challenges (new)

Amelie | 586 comments Mod
Throne of Glass is the first series that comes to mind for me, but I know it’s really popular.

message 4: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) Definitely the Lunar Chronicles. They weren't that great, and I only like one of the books. Not the best series, but almost everyone else seems to like it.

daughterofathenacarli | 44 comments Harry Potter is WAYYYYY overhyped. Also Twilight. And Matched. And The Lunar Chronicals. And the last few books in The Red Queen series (although the first few books were amazing)

message 6: by ForevaBookish✨, Head of Games and Trivia (new)

ForevaBookish✨ (krazily_bookishly_boring13_6) | 890 comments Mod
I dnt know about matched being over hyped but its definately one of the most disliked series by readers..

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Out of my mind by Sharon M Draper.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I feel like a lot of people think Spliced by Jon Mcgoran is SOO gr8, I thought it was fine but not good, but it was kind of boring

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (honnahliu) | 2 comments Ahhh I feel like the Hunger Games was super overhyped and not as great as I expected. I read the books and I felt like I was the only one who found it okay... the plot was interesting but the writing was so fast-paced and plain

message 10: by ✦lois✦ (new)

✦lois✦ (loislovesyou) | 118 comments TFIOS: Like I thought this would be cute and romantic but I just found it kinda cringe even though it was aimed at me...
(not to say it didn't have cute moments, It def did)