Weird Westerns discussion

Fire Wind (The Wind Drifters, #1)
This topic is about Fire Wind
Authors > The Wind Drifters - New Sci-fi Western

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Guy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Guy III (wordsofaction) | 5 comments Hi Fans of Weird Westerns,

My name is Guy Stanton III and I'm an author of multiple genres of fiction, but yesterday I returned to my first love in the world of reading by releasing my first western, Fire Wind. Fire Wind is Book 1 of a five book series entitled The Wind Drifters. It is a series that will combine the finest elements of the old western genre with that of the space age genre of science fiction. It promises to be an exciting ride and I hope that many of you will join along. My offer is simple, in return for honest reviews both here at Goodreads and at Amazon I am prepared to give out free ebook copies of Book 1 of the series. The giveaway doesn't stop there. Anyone who responds to this event and leaves a review for Fire Wind at either Amazon or Goodreads will receive free copies of the rest of the series as they come available. Book 2, Ice Wind, I expect to be released in February of this year, with the rest of the series soon to follow.

If you would like to learn more about the books of this series I invite you to check out the booktrailer videos that can be found on my author page here at Goodreads for book 1 and 2 of the series. Here's the links:
Fire Wind Booktrailer: https://www.goodreads.com/videos/7705...
Ice Wind Booktrailer: https://www.goodreads.com/videos/7767...
Here's the link to the book blurp:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

I grew up reading Louis L'Amour and to this day I'd say that he is still my favorite author. His work impacted me greatly as a boy and writing this series is and has been a delight. I hope you will feel the same should you choose to take me up on this offer.

P.S. I can supply my free review copies in three file formats: epub, mobi(kindle), and pdf. Either message me here at Goodreads with contact info for emailing you the book files or contact me directly at guysactionwords@gmail.com . I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a Blessed Day Everyone,
Guy Stanton III

message 2: by Gwyn (new) - added it

Gwyn  | 35 comments I'd be interested in checking it out Guy :-) I'll pm you

message 3: by Clare (new)

Clare Lafrey | 10 comments Guy wrote: "Hi Fans of Weird Westerns,

My name is Guy Stanton III and I'm an author of multiple genres of fiction, but yesterday I returned to my first love in the world of reading by releasing my first weste..."

Guy wrote: "Hi Fans of Weird Westerns,

My name is Guy Stanton III and I'm an author of multiple genres of fiction, but yesterday I returned to my first love in the world of reading by releasing my first weste..."

Guy,

I too loved Louis L'Amour books as a kid, and devoured one almost everyday. However, his writing did not influence me the same way as you. Instead, it influenced my love of horses, and to this day, I keep looking for a "steeldust" colored horse, like he talked about in his books.

message 4: by Guy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Guy III (wordsofaction) | 5 comments Clare wrote: "Guy wrote: "Hi Fans of Weird Westerns,

My name is Guy Stanton III and I'm an author of multiple genres of fiction, but yesterday I returned to my first love in the world of reading by releasing my..."

Steeldust horse? Are those the ones that are buckskin(tan) colored with a black mane and tale and a darker colored head?

message 5: by James (last edited Jan 20, 2015 11:57AM) (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) | 69 comments Clare wrote: "to this day, I keep looking for a "steeldust" colored horse, like he talked about in his books. "

I do believe that is a poetic description of a Blue Roan.

description

message 6: by John (new)

John | 135 comments A love of horses, Clare? You might be interested in my rodeo photography (I shoot professionally for various book projects). Actually, you might all be interested, being self-professed Western lovers. Maybe you guys will be inspired when writing a horse-riding scene. Check it out here: www.johnhamiltonimages.com

I also have a lot of Western landscape work that you can gaze at wistfully while imagining your book settings. Works for me. :)

message 7: by James (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) | 69 comments I'm not a fan of rodeos, but your landscapes are amazing!

I think that I could fall in love with that Minnesota lighthouse.

message 8: by John (new)

John | 135 comments Thanks, James. Split Rock Lighthouse is one of my favorite places in the world. Even wrote a novel based on it!

message 9: by Guy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Guy III (wordsofaction) | 5 comments John wrote: "A love of horses, Clare? You might be interested in my rodeo photography (I shoot professionally for various book projects). Actually, you might all be interested, being self-professed Western love..."

Wow! Beautiful! What kind of license would you require me to be limited under if I was to use one or more of your landscapes in a booktrailer video hosted on YouTube? Or do you not allow limited commercial reuse of your work?

message 10: by John (new)

John | 135 comments Thanks, Guy, I'm flattered. Unfortunately, most of my landscape work that you see has been sold to the children's book publisher I work for. Other than people making prints for personal use, I have an agreement to exclude competing commercial use. Sorry. :(

message 11: by James (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) | 69 comments That's reasonable. Cool, for you.

message 12: by Guy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Guy III (wordsofaction) | 5 comments John wrote: "Thanks, Guy, I'm flattered. Unfortunately, most of my landscape work that you see has been sold to the children's book publisher I work for. Other than people making prints for personal use, I have..."

James wrote: "That's reasonable. Cool, for you."

Oh well, win some lose some. That opening photo with the sun behind the rock wall is quite stunning, as many of your others.

message 13: by John (new)

John | 135 comments Thanks, Guy, much appreciated. That shot was taken in Utah's Dead Horse Point State Park, at sunrise. If you're ever in the Arches/Canyonlands/Moab area, well worth the visit. Plus, you know, the cool name. :)

message 14: by John (new)

John | 135 comments Good luck with Wind Drifters, Guy!

message 15: by Guy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Guy III (wordsofaction) | 5 comments John wrote: "Good luck with Wind Drifters, Guy!"

Thanks!