Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > New Beta Reader Available - Free

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Dutton | 2 comments Hello,

I am a Comparative Literature major looking to get into beta-reading. I am interested in editorial publishing and want to get a taste for early book production.

Looking for a shorter piece for my first project, a short story or a first few chapters perhaps.

Best,
Cassie

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary Bennet (mary_bennet) | 8 comments Hi! I have a PRN romance, is that something you would beta?

message 3: by Joe (new)

Joe Hall | 17 comments I'd appreciate feedback on a couple of chapters. It's realistic fantasy, Mostly realistic with assorted people vying for a MacGuffin.

message 4: by Blue (new)

Blue | 34 comments I have a YA Novel about teen pregnancy. Currently at 40K but happy to just give a few chapters!

message 5: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth | 53 comments HI Cassie

I've written a dark superhero story that reimagine the Batman comic book. It is 50K in length. If interested in reading the first few chapters, just email me at asmadeus10@yahoo.com.

message 6: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Dutton | 2 comments Hello! I have chosen my first project now just fyi but I will more than likely get back to some others of you when I finish this first reading!

message 7: by Meg (new)

Meg Thacher | 18 comments Cassie wrote: "Hello! I have chosen my first project now just fyi but I will more than likely get back to some others of you when I finish this first reading!"

Hi, Cassie-

Congratulations on starting your first project! If you'd like a second one, mine is fairly short (15,000 words) contemporary, science-based middle grade:

Layla is an astronomy-obsessed 5th grader who plans an eclipse expedition for her family that doesn't always go as planned. For kids 7-12. Includes science facts and activities.

I've already incorporated comments from my critique group on the full manuscript, so it's (mostly, hopefully) almost ready to go out the door. I have published nonfiction articles and one book, but this is my first novel.

I don't need detailed edits and critique, just a single read-through + general comments along the lines of the Beta Reader Checklist. PM if this project sounds interesting to you. It would be a good project for you if you'd like to explore children's publishing.

thanks!
Meg