books vs. movies! discussion

~general~ > introductions

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by urmom, :D (new)

urmom (urmomreadsbooks) | 21 comments Mod
~

message 2: by jenny (new)

jenny | 11 comments hey, my name's jenny (she/her) and i really like dystopian books ahah. i also really like reading YA books and classical books. i haven't read that many mystery/thriller/horror books tho, so i'd love some recommendations haha :)

message 3: by urmom, :D (new)

OH MY GOSH I'M SO HAPPY U GUYS JOINED :D

anyways. hey guys, what's up XD. i do try to read all genres, but yea i don't read much mystery/thriller/horror either XD. i also tend to prefer the book over the movie a solid 99.999% of the time lol, but hey, there's always anomalies haha. i like to read the book before i watch the movie, but then i end up getting upset at every miniscule detail that they change XD

message 4: by victoria (last edited Oct 14, 2020 06:27AM) (new)

victoria (torireads18) | 7 comments hey all! my name's victoria (she/her, and for short you can call me tori or v if that's easier for you), and i like a lot of book genres. ya is my favorite, but i also like fantasy, sci-fi/dystopian, historical fiction, classics, graphic novels, mystery, thrillers, some horror (if it's not too scary), and more! i love watching book to movie adaptations, though i usually read the book first. i'm so excited to be a part of this group :)

message 5: by victoria (new)

victoria (torireads18) | 7 comments and yeah i love ranting about how wrong the movies usually are too lol

message 6: by urmom, :D (new)

hey! yeah i'm excited too, but at the same time, i lowkey don't know what i'm doing XD. but that's ok ahaha.

and yes! it's kinda annoying to myself bcuz i can't even appreciate the movie bcuz the entire time, i'm just comparing the book and the movie XD

message 7: by victoria (new)

victoria (torireads18) | 7 comments oh don't worry you're doing great!! i don't really interact with too many groups but this one seems really fun and i'm excited to be a part of it and watch it grow :))

message 8: by urmom, :D (new)

victoria wrote: "oh don't worry you're doing great!! i don't really interact with too many groups but this one seems really fun and i'm excited to be a part of it and watch it grow :))"

ahh thank you so much :'D

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I am Hazel Grace! I love all kinds of genres and will even read middle reader, so I am ready! Also, I am not sure if I will always have access to the books and/or movies, but I will try!

message 10: by victoria (new)

victoria (torireads18) | 7 comments urmom wrote: "victoria wrote: "oh don't worry you're doing great!! i don't really interact with too many groups but this one seems really fun and i'm excited to be a part of it and watch it grow :))"

ahh thank ..."

no problem! and welcome hazel grace <3

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (cresarie) Hii I'm Sarah (she/her) and right now my favourite genres are anything historical (historical fiction, non-fiction, classics, fantasy whatever I just love the vibes), YA and fantasy :) I always read the books before watching the film/tv show adaptations and I almost always love the books more, mainly because I get so annoyed when the films stray from the original plot. Happy to be here! :D

message 12: by jenny (new)

jenny | 11 comments hi sarah!! i totally agree i always get mad at the amount of important details the movies leaves out from the book :(

message 13: by urmom, :D (new)

hello sarah! i am also the same as you guys haha. i'm happy u joined :D

message 14: by kei (last edited Dec 28, 2020 09:49AM) (new)

kei (keimy) | 1 comments Hey I'm Kei (she/her)
and honestly, is this even a question?
We all know that books are better than movies by a billion miles.

sophia ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ | 2 comments hi i'm sophia (she/her)!! i love reading most genres, but mainly fantasy and contemporary :)
i will always read the book first before the movie adaptation so i can be disappointed by the movie yayyy (although some adaptations are actually really good)
thanks for the invite to the group!! this will be fun :))

message 16: by jenny (new)

jenny | 11 comments hii! lol @sophia i always do that too dw XD

message 17: by urmom, :D (last edited Dec 31, 2020 11:32AM) (new)

◑︿◐ wrote: "Hey I'm Kei (she/her)
and honestly, is this even a question?
We all know that books are better than movies by a billion miles."

yes yes true XD it's always fascinating when a movie outdoes a book lmao. but i can't think of an occurrence of that ahaha

(and hi! :D)