A Bookish Adventure... discussion

The Book Thief
This topic is about The Book Thief

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 212 comments Did you laugh? Did you cry? What are your thoughts?

Ashi | 191 comments I read this a while ago, but it was certainly sad

message 3: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 212 comments I didn't think it was sad at all. I thought it was highly overrated.

message 4: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 212 comments Why is that actually true *has a minor existential crisis*

Avery (BabeOfBooks) (ladyofliterature13) | 27 comments Aw oof! It's funny how different books affect people in such different ways. Being a very emotional person, this book had me crying...a lot. lol

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) This book was so good. It has such a great message and was so sad.

Ashi | 191 comments Avery (BabeOfBooks) wrote: "Aw oof! It's funny how different books affect people in such different ways. Being a very emotional person, this book had me crying...a lot. lol"

Same! I remember how I was reading this book in school, and it took all my willpower to not start sobbing in the middle of class

message 8: by Joyce (new) - added it

Joyce | 2030 comments this was a book I got for my birthday a long time ago...and I just never got to it...

It's interesting the difference responses you all had to this book! I can't wait to read the book and see for myself :)

Ollie | 79 comments I pulled an all-nighter to finish this book and I cried my eyes out.

message 10: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 212 comments I feel like I'm the only one who didn't cry haha

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I have only ever cried at two books (that I can remember) and neither of them was The Book Thief. It was really sad though, and I really enjoyed it.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't cry thru the whole book but broke down at the end and I was crying in my pillow to muffle the sound

Yashasvii | 114 comments hey , the book Thief was sooo goood ,what are yours fav characters tho?

Elisabeth aka Elsie(Taylor's version) Mine’s Rudy and he’s the reason I cried that much.

Yashasvii | 114 comments I loved Rudy soo much .

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Liesel, Hans and Rudy so damn much

Yashasvii | 114 comments also max vandanberg

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) My favourite part of this book was Death as the narrator! What a neat perspective to take.

Aribean ☁️  (thestarsincline) Sofia wrote: "Did you laugh? Did you cry? What are your thoughts?"

I love this book