Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Noms & Newsletters > TRUE CRIME: Nominations - December 2020

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  Paullin | 1290 comments Mod
Hello fellow True Crime Readers,

Nominations for our December 2020 True Crime Group Read are now open. To ensure your nomination will be included in our poll, please make sure it conforms to the following guidelines:

✔️ You may nominate only one (1) book.

✔️By entering a nomination you are agreeing to act as our Discussion Leader for the month-long Group Read should your nomination win.

Don't worry it is neither difficult nor time-consuming. The moderators are here to help in the event that you need assistance. Please refrain from nominating a book if you are not prepared to lead the discussion.

✔️ Your nomination should be a True Crime selection.

True Crime is a non-fiction literary genre in which the author examines an actual crime and details the actions of real people. The crimes most commonly include murder, but true crime works have also touched on other legal cases. Still others revisit historic crimes (or alleged crimes) and propose solutions, such as books examining political assassinations, well-known unsolved murders, or the deaths of celebrities.

✔️Your nomination should not have been read by the group in the past 24 months.

✔️A book is only eligible if it is available in both paperback and digital formats.

Please understand we are trying to give all our members the opportunity to participate in our book discussions. We don't want to exclude a significant portion of our members because they do not have access to the selection.

✔️If the book is in a series, you may only nominate the first book in a series.

The 2nd and subsequent books in a series may be nominated only after the group has read all the prior books in that series.

✔️Post your nomination as a comment below.

DO NOT notify the moderators of your selection by way of a private message, if you do you run the risk of your nomination being excluded from the poll.

✔️To ensure your nomination is included in our poll correctly, do include the name of both the book and the author. You would be surprised at how many books have the same title. You are welcome to use the "add book/author" tool, which is located above the right upper corner of the comment window when making your nomination.

📌AUTHORS please note: We DO NOT accept nominations of your own work. You are welcome to participate in the nomination (of another author's work), polling, and book discussions in general.

If you have any questions, you can leave a comment in this discussion or message Gem directly.

The nomination period will close on Sunday, October 18 at approximately 7:30 pm PDT (UTC/GMT -7).

Polling will begin on Wednesday, October 21.

Thank you and happy reading!

message 2: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (last edited Nov 04, 2020 12:30PM) (new)

message 3: by Abeer (new)

message 4: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Abeer wrote: "I'll Be Gone in the Dark One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara"

Abeer, the group read that book in September 2019. We don't reread books for 24 months. Would you like to make another nomination?

message 5: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

I'll nominate Small Sacrifices by Ann Rule

message 6: by Sunshine (new)

Sunshine | 123 comments I'd like to nominate If You Really Loved Me by Ann Rule. It's 1.99 on Amazon right now :)

message 8: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (last edited Nov 04, 2020 12:29PM) (new)

Barbara wrote: "I will nominate We Keep the Dead Close: A Murder at Harvard and a Half Century of Silence by Becky Cooper."

Barbara, that book hasn't been released yet... the expected publication date is 11/10/20 and we need to wait until it comes out in paperback before it is eligible. Would you like to nomination another book?

message 9: by Barbara K (new)

Barbara K | 328 comments Oh dear, I should have checked that. My apologies. No, I don’t have anything else to offer right now.

message 10: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Barbara wrote: "Oh dear, I should have checked that. My apologies. No, I don’t have anything else to offer right now."

No worries.

message 11: by Abeer (new)

Abeer (abeerasad) | 106 comments Gem wrote: Abeer, the group read that book in September 2019. We don't reread books for 24 months"

I will nominate Pure Evil: Inside the Minds and Crimes of Britain’s Worst Criminals instead.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.