Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Amazon link to wrong book and reviews

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Aspenson (goodreadscomcarolynraspenson) | 3 comments Hi
I have two books with the reviews linked for one book. The book I'm trying to link properly to is The Angela Panther Mystery Series (A collection book) B08JVNP73D. If you pull up the book here, it comes up correct, but with the cover and reviews for Unfinished Business, the first book in the series. The collection book links correctly through the ASIN, but the reviews and cover photos and other editions should be for Unfinished Business An Angela Panther Mystery ASIN: B01G0PV5C0 I am not sure what I need to do. Thanks.

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Carolyn wrote: "Hi
I have two books with the reviews linked for one book. The book I'm trying to link properly to is The Angela Panther Mystery Series (A collection book) B08JVNP73D. If you pull up the book here, ..."

it is helpful to provide links to the Goodreads book in question, but I will research this.

message 3: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Aspenson (goodreadscomcarolynraspenson) | 3 comments Oh, I'm sorry! I just went back to grab the links and clearly, I don't know what I'm talking about now because the book isn't linking up to the other as I said. I'm 100% confident I screwed something up somehow, but I think it was mostly an error in what I was viewing? If I can figure it out, I'll respond again. I have updated all of my books to show the current edition as the one to read, but do you suggest I ask to have the new blurbs as the defaults on earlier editions? If so, that will take a lot of work, and I don't want to put that on anyone.
Thanks

message 4: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Carolyn wrote: "Oh, I'm sorry! I just went back to grab the links and clearly, I don't know what I'm talking about now because the book isn't linking up to the other as I said. I'm 100% confident I screwed somethi..."

I'm working on it.

message 5: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Aspenson (goodreadscomcarolynraspenson) | 3 comments Thank you! :) Is there a way to leave a review about you and how helpful you are?

message 6: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Carolyn wrote: "Thank you! :) Is there a way to leave a review about you and how helpful you are?"

you are welcome.

I'm just a volunteer librarian doing what volunteer librarians do.

I'm still working on your books though.

message 7: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Carolyn wrote: "Thank you! :) Is there a way to leave a review about you and how helpful you are?"

All editions as updated as I can make them.

A couple of stray empty editions merged with correct editions.

A couple of series created. All other series updated.

All titles formatted to meet Goodreads title/series naming conventions.