Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading January 19?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2064 comments Mod
This week I'm starting with
Looking For Trouble by Victoria Dahl.

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) I just started It Takes a Scandal by Caroline Linden.

message 3: by Daniellegn (new)

Daniellegn | 212 comments How the Scoundrel Seduces by Sabrina Jeffries.

message 4: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1895 comments Mod
Finishing up a Samantha Young glom. I love her interconnected couoles, but the younger generation isn't as appealing as the older one. Echoes of Scotland Street is good though.

message 5: by Phoenix77 (new)

Phoenix77 | 346 comments I'm branching out from Historicals this week by reading Hard Time by Cara McKenna and then a couple of freebies I got on Kindle Unlimited.

message 6: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments I got my RITA books last week; all 9 are by new-to-me authors. Hope there are some jewels in the bunch! I'm also refreshing Amazon every hour looking for Courtney Milan's Trade Me.

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments I'm reading Hannah Howell's Beauty and the Beast. It's ok so far.

message 8: by Irisheyes (last edited Jan 21, 2015 12:12PM) (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments Manda wrote: "Finishing up a Samantha Young glom. I love her interconnected couoles, but the younger generation isn't as appealing as the older one. Echoes of Scotland Street is good though."

I love her, Manda. I agree, though, I like the older couples better than the younger group. I believe Shannon's brother Logan's book is out this June. That one looks like it's going to be good.

I'm in the middle of TO SCOTLAND WITH LOVE by Patience Griffin and SWEET DISORDER by Rose Lerner. I don't usually read two books at a time but this seems to be working. Maybe cause one is historical and the other is contemporary.

After reading your posts last week, though, I'm thinking of jumping back into a Sarah Addison Allen glom. I also have a few Susanna Kearsley's I haven't read yet. Then Deb's Jo Goodman puzzler a couple of weeks ago has me wanting to re-read that book. I'm kind of all over the place these days. LOL

message 9: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1895 comments Mod
Nothing wrong with having lots to choosr from, Irish! Well, if you can choose, that is;) I think Logan's book coming up sounds like it could be good. And she also has Hero coming up soon.

I blew through an ARC of Lauren Layne's The Trouble with Love last night. Its the fourth in her Stilettos series about heroines who work for a women's magazine in NYC. About as far from my life as possible but the couoles are really relatable and the romance is sexy and fun. Really recommend if you're getting burned out on small town rural settings. And sje switches it up next time by picking heroes from their competing men's magazine.

I picked up the new Sarah Addison Allen from the library today so I think that's up next.

message 10: by Romanticbookworm (new)

Romanticbookworm | 77 comments I finished up The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black last night (library book) which I really enjoyed and looking forward to reading book two when it is released later this year.

I then read Locke and Key: Volume one by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez (library book) which I enjoyed.

I am now reading and enjoying Tales Of The Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong (library book).

message 11: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2080 comments Mod
Just finished Courtney Milans new book Trade Me. Wow. Just wow. It's both completely different from anything else she wrote and total her. It's breath taking.

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments @Dls I actually want to read that, I'm glad it's good!

message 13: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) I finished It Takes a Scandal and I thought it was really good. Now I have to wait until April to read the next one it the series.

I'm going to read two YA books next; Cinder and The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend.

message 14: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I read CM's Trade Me too, and I agree, Deb, that it is distinctly her voice. I'm wary of New Adult books because most of the ones I've read made me very aware that I belonged to the wrong reader dynamic, but I enjoyed this one. The issues are very different.

I'm working on an assignment on Balogh's cross-class romances, so I'm doing a lot of re-reading--definitely no hardship. Currently, I'm rereading A Temporary Wife and loving it.