2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Silent Scream (DI Kim Stone, #1)
This topic is about Silent Scream
Silent Scream > Question I

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6546 comments Mod
Keats the pathologist tells Kim that Bryant is the yang to her yin, comparing the two to sweet and sour pork (her being the sour). Did he get it right? What do you think of their relationship and how would you describe it?

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2146 comments He is spot on. Kim is the bad cop through and through with Bryant trying to soften her approach. What I like about their relationship is that Bryant is happily married and shows Kim that side of life. I think Bryant is a big picture kind of guy. He can look at all sides from management to victim. Kim has tunnel vision. She can't get distracted with the management/legal procedures if it stops her in her tracks.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 743 comments Kim and Bryant's relationship is interesting. The fact that it is a true platonic friendship and they complement each other in an investigative sense makes them so effective as a team. And they also care about each other deeply as friends. I read a lot of romantic suspense where usually this would develop into a relationship so it's a bit different but I like it a lot.

Shelby (whiskeygirl75) | 21 comments Yes (I love Keats by the way) I like that he isn't threatened by her Bryant I mean. He helps balance her out. He loves his wife and his wife is ok with Kim as well. I also like that they took the dogs from that hole and kept the momma :)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 743 comments Keats is a great character as well.

Bryant recognized from the onset that Kim had a great brain and he’d thrive under her. These two just “get” each other and have developed a level of trust and respect for one another. It apparently is obvious to others. I loved Keats analogy as soon as I heard it. Bryant smooths out the ruffled feathers Kim leaves in her wake and Kim wields the big stick when needed, giving him cover. It just works.

I, too, am a Keats fan.

Lynn (ftbooklover) | 559 comments I also think that Kim understands this as well and uses it to her advantage. There are times when Kim sends Bryant to do things like deal with victims' families because she knows he is better at it than she is.

Lynn wrote: "I also think that Kim understands this as well and uses it to her advantage. There are times when Kim sends Bryant to do things like deal with victims' families because she knows he is better at it..."

I agree, Lynn.

~Teresa | 48 comments I must say I have nothing to add here! You all are good! I agree with everything you have said. And, I like Keats also. He doesn’t put up with Kim’s ways. He knows she gets the job done and he respects that.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2146 comments I like Keats too. He is a character to watch. I like how he digs at Kim then she gives it right back at him.

Robin (robinmy) | 1494 comments Keats was exactly right in his description of Kim and Bryant. I love their relationship. It's so nice to see them working together and not have it turn into a romance. Keats is also a great character. I love his interaction with Kim.