Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour → Start Date: January 27, 2015

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan Brooker | 490 comments Join Mandiann, Max, and me as we read Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour !

message 2: by Book Goblin (new)

Book Goblin (imaginarymazes) | 33 comments Looking forward to it!

message 3: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments Great, should be fun!

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'll be watching this thread but not reading the spoilers to get a sense of how everyone likes it, but I already have one buddy read for the 27th and it is my birthday! The big 65. I don't think I'll be doing anything on my birthday since my husband works that night and it's a workday and a school night for my children's children, so I might join you. I just don't want to commit to it. So if you see me, you'll know. LOL

message 5: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments Are you ready to start this one tomorrow?

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan Brooker | 490 comments The copy I'm picking up is due tomorrow so hopefully the person in front of me returns it on time so I can start after work. I'm really excited about this one! I've heard a lot of great things about this author.

message 7: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments Nice. I honestly haven't heard anything about this and haven't the slightest idea what it is about. But I am excited to read it.

message 8: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments I hope the person who had this book returned it and you now have it.

I am five chapters in.

The beginning (view spoiler)

Rebecca (view spoiler)

Couch (view spoiler)

Ava (view spoiler)

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan Brooker | 490 comments I'm still waiting for it! I put my name on hold for the ebook copy as well so whatever one comes first I'll have. I'm aiming for hopefully the weekend to start. I hope you're enjoying it!

message 10: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments sorry I cant wait for you. it's one of my two month reading challenge books so I need to finish it by the 31st.

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan Brooker | 490 comments I understand, I wasn't asking you too. I was just saying I won't be able to comment on the story until later.

message 12: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments No worries, I will be here to discuss it when you get your book.

message 13: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments Ch 9.

Rebecca (view spoiler)

Growing (view spoiler)

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan Brooker | 490 comments I got the book! I'm on page 90 and so far a little unimpressed. It's very quick and entertaining (I especially love learning all the details of the film infustry) but unlike her other books it seems like this one isn't quite as hardhitting. I haven't made a decision yet on her characters, there's time when I'm like "Way to go, girl power Emi!" and others when I want to shake her by the shoulders for being a doormat. However, Nina Lacour writes the relationships between characters very well. I can see all the layers Emi and Ava's friendship/romance had and they're very true to life. Sorry it took so long for me to update!

message 15: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments Glad you got your book. Sorry you aren't loving it.

I didn't love it either. I haven't read anything else by this author so perhaps this wasn't the best first choice.