Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta reader for romance/erotica/women's fiction

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mariann (last edited Jan 19, 2015 03:43AM) (new)

Mariann (dinamin) | 8 comments Hi,

I've been using a few beta readers from this site for a couple of weeks now, so I'm returning the favour and offering to beta read should anyone need any input. I write in the romance genre, so that's probably where I'd be of the most help, but I read romance, erotica and general women's ficton :)

message 2: by Nathalie (new)

Nathalie Yeo | 5 comments Hi Mariann,

i would love to get in touch with you and see if you`d like to read some of my work. I write in contemporary dark romance. I do beta reading as well, so could help you , too.

Please let me know if you`re interested. My email is natasha.yeo0@gmail.com

nathalie

message 3: by Liliana (new)

Liliana Camarena (liliana_camarena) | 2 comments Hi! I have a complete (about 220 pgs) romance/ chic lit novel that I am hoping to publish soon.

I would love for you to read it.

If you are up for it my email is: liliana.camarena.r@gmail.com

Thank you.

Liliana

message 4: by Mariann (new)

Mariann (dinamin) | 8 comments I'm reading two books now. I'll get back to you, Liliana, when I have more capacity :)

message 5: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Danielle (zoedaniellexx) | 32 comments Hi Mariann, are you available?
Hi

I am looking for a BETA to read through my unfinished NA book so far.
It is currently at 34,200 words but I still have so far to go. I reckon that it will end up at 80-90k once completed.

Below is a little peak in to the book, please let me know if you would be interested -

Friday 14th Jan 2011
I remember that day like it was only yesterday - it was the worst day of my life, and hours later turned into the best day of my life.

At the age of twenty-four, Casey Phoenix is one of the highest ranking woman on The Sunday Times Rich List. She thought she had it all figured out until she met 31 year old American, Matthew Jackson.

Matthew Jackson has been set for life since the age of 21 when he and his brother James set up their business enterprise, Jackson Industries. Living his millionaire lifestyle with fast cars and fast women. But when he meets Casey he decides it's time for him to settle down. However, she has her reservations.

Life isn't as perfect as it seems for the both of them. Casey has got a stalker who will try to anything they can to get to her and it gradually starts to grind her down, usually level headed she begins to fear for her life.

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Porter (CatPorter) | 16 comments Hi Mariann!

I know you are probably swamped right now, but I thought I'd go ahead and give you some info. about my 99k Women's Lit/New Adult novel, PAPER PLANE, and see if you might be interested in beta reading in the future:

A dejected Olivia Marks eyes the alluring edge of a razor, but realizes she wants to live, just a different life. Reflecting on her past, she wonders what circumstances set her on a lonely path to depression:

Olivia remembers the sanctimonious priest at her elementary school, clutching her arm and demanding her attendance at Mass. The memory of a handsome photographer torments her; he only wanted a summer fling before college started. Yet Jack, the rebel musician, is the hardest to forget.

But by dwelling on her past, Olivia only rekindles the pain and relapses into her futile coping method—more dead-end relationships. After a seemingly innocent online date leaves her at a drugstore purchasing Plan B, Olivia finally alters her mindset: she must find happiness from within.

Just as Olivia begins to love herself, a compassionate man, Tom, enters her life with the help of a paper plane. His unconditional love helps Olivia shed a brighter light on her past.

Let me know if you're interested in reading some or all of my book, and I will be happy to get you a copy in your preferred format.

Thank you,
Cat

message 7: by Mariann (new)

Mariann (dinamin) | 8 comments Zoe, sorry, I missed your post for some reason. I'm happy to have a look for you if you still need me to. Just send me a private message.

Catherine: That sounds interesting. I'm beta reading two books at the moment and Zoe posted before you, but if you're not in a great rush, please send me a private message :)

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan (mamamegan) | 16 comments Hi Mariann,

I saw that you are offering Beta reading services, though it looks like I might need to wait (which is ok!). I have a 165k contemporary fiction I am seeking betas for. It's fairly heady, sort of borders between literary fiction and southern lit with a strong love story component. It's about a man in his 30's who visits an older man in a nursing home as a volunteer and learns about his life and failures, and along the way he becomes close with him. There is also a love interest between the young man and a worker at the nursing home.

If you are interested, please message me your email address and whether you would like it in word or a pdf formatted to be readable on an ereader.

Thanks!
Megan

message 9: by Isabell (new)

Isabell Lawless (isabelllawless) | 12 comments Hi, I would love your beta reading help when my third book, in the romantic/suspends genre, is released this summer. Let me know if that would be of any interest.