Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Looking for Recs: Genre/Theme > Looking for: Non-presumptive Heroes

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chloe (new)

Chloe | 4 comments So I had a topic a few months back for recommendations for a book with a higher class heroine than hero and I suppose this is a bit of an extension of that. I'm getting a bit bored of books where the hero, usually a smooth-talking ladies-man (which I'm also a bit bored with) is very presumptive in assuming that he is the best the heroine is going to get and that all it will take is a bit of time and attention for her to fall flat on her back with her legs splayed. Sorry for the rant. I've recently been on a bit of a sci-fi bender and have loved Hold by Zannie Adams and Eden by Louise Wise mostly for their very stoic, non-presumptive heroes. I was wondering if anyone knew of books with very similar heroes (preferably sci-fi but by no means necessarily).

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments I don't read much Sci-fi, Lena. ShoSho might be able to help you; I'll send her this way.

message 3: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 1110 comments Lena , I recommend Shards of Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold it's not erotica but the romance is there . I loved H/H ,they are unique (I gave this one and almost all the 15 others books in the series 5 stars ). That's the only si-fi I could think of with a stoic, non-presumptive hero. Let me think if I can think of other genres with stoic, non-presumptive heroes!

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Thanks for weighing in, ShoSho!

namericanwordcat | 591 comments Hmmm. This is true of many of Viola Grace's heros. Here is one I loved. Defender (Terran Times, #55) by Viola Grace

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments I havne't read that author, either. Hmmm.