UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Agony Aunt > The book I never wrote

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22042 comments I've just glanced down the books under my name on goodreads and there's America--Farm to Table
America—Farm to Table: Simple, Delicious Recipes Celebrating Local Farmers

It's written by Mario Batali and Jim Webster but it's a totally different Jim Webster

So how do I get it off my goodreads page?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh, Janet? Where for art thou?

message 3: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments Interesting that there's also a link to farming.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Anything to do with Jim has a faint whiff of flat cap about it.

message 5: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 7481 comments I was contacted over Twitter by someone who used to work with a US academic & published writer called Marc Nash. 5 minutes taken over my Twitter timeline would have been enough to tell him I couldn't possibly have been the same guy. Don't academics do research any more?

message 6: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments I've had a few odd Twitter (well, even odder that normal Twitter messages) messages.

Apparently, there is an American Politician (spit) called David Hadley.

No doubt bringing disgrace on the family name.

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 3001 comments I've had hits on my blog from people looking for a black gun instructor in Texas who just so happens to have the same name as me...!

message 8: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Jim wrote: "I've just glanced down the books under my name on goodreads and there's America--Farm to Table
America—Farm to Table: Simple, Delicious Recipes Celebrating Local Farmers

It's writt..."

Jim, try posting a message to the Librarians discussion area to get one of the super librarians to fix this. I did this and was successful in having my books removed from the author page of the other David Manuel, the deceased Christian writer who would have been horrified to see himself linked to my work.

message 9: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 7481 comments Michael wrote: "I've had hits on my blog from people looking for a black gun instructor in Texas who just so happens to have the same name as me...!"

not the instructor who was shot dead by a 9 year old girl learning to wield an Uzi

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/26/us/...

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4327 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Oh, Janet? Where for art thou?"

At work.

Looked at it and hopefully fixed it during lunch break.

message 11: by Richard (new)

Richard Martinus | 646 comments David wrote: "I've had a few odd Twitter (well, even odder that normal Twitter messages) messages.

Apparently, there is an American Politician (spit) called David Hadley.

No doubt bringing disgrace on the fami..."

I write under the name of Martinus because I was told there already was a Richard Wilson, although I didn't believe it,

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9112 comments There's only one other person with my name in the world, and she's got two profiles on Facebook so it looks like there are three of us. But as I haven't written a book I'm not likely to get confused with anyone anyway...

message 13: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Richard wrote: "I write under the name of Martinus because I was told there already was a Richard Wilson, although I didn't believe it, "

Ha ha

Like it.

message 14: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Sinclair | 985 comments Just this week I learned that a writer in America has a series of books. the lead character has my name. Full name! Someone even bought one thinking I'd written it.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I'd sue.

message 16: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Patti please help! The other Pete Carter (the 'Lazarus' one) has found his way onto my publications list again! You sorted this about a year ago and now I use 2 spaces between my names to segregate us, but GR doesn't seem to take much notice of this in searches.

There are now 3 published Pete Carter's, and only 4 registered on GR. None of the 4 have published the 'Lazarus' books. Any idea what's going on?

Perhaps I should change my name to something unique.
Yours Sincerely
Ozymandias Crunge

message 17: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22042 comments Pete wrote: "Perhaps I should change my name to something unique.
Yours Sincerely
Ozymandias Crunge ..."

Not sure my old mate Ozymandias Crunge would approve. Admittedly the building trade isn't what it was when he was in his prime, but I still see him about and he's probably doing minecraft videos nowadays :-)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Is he related to old Parsimonious Crunge of Fenny Stratton?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I'm sure it wasn't me who sorted it. I'm a rubbish librarian. I'd suggest asking Janet.

message 20: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22042 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "Is he related to old Parsimonious Crunge of Fenny Stratton?"

They're cousins, but well removed

message 21: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Jim wrote: "Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "Is he related to old Parsimonious Crunge of Fenny Stratton?"

They're cousins, but well removed"

Forcibly, if the rumours are anything to go by.

message 22: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22042 comments involved tyre levers

message 23: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Ah yes, the tyre levers. Wasn't that the time when Parsimonious got a penny whistle stuck up his left nostril - sideways - and Ozymandias used a tyre lever to get it out? He really shouldn't have used a mallet when the first tyre lever got stuck as well.

The penny whistle never did sound the same afterwards.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments The nostril was never the same either. I believe a family of badgers moved in soon afterwards.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9112 comments Eww. There's a mental picture I never wanted.

message 26: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "The nostril was never the same either. I believe a family of badgers moved in soon afterwards."

Only for a short time - the right-nostril troll scared them off.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Must be some troll! Badgers are pretty hard to scare.

message 29: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Rosemary (The Nosemanny) wrote: "Not helping
https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0331..."

Why didn't you say you knew old Parsimonious from the beginning?

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9112 comments Distant relative!

message 31: by Pete (last edited Mar 05, 2015 12:45PM) (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Rosemary (The Nosemanny) wrote: "Distant relative!"

I think that calls for another photograph!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Oh, are you related to the scottish twins, Scrupulous and Scrofulous Crunge?

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9112 comments Oh, the dear Proboscis brothers!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Rosemary (The Nosemanny) wrote: "Oh, the dear Proboscis brothers!"

Ah yes, that is their stage name. I hear they live quite comfortably from their noses...

message 35: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22042 comments It's a sad indictment on the modern entertainment industry. That's all I'm willing to say at this point

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Jim wrote: "It's a sad indictment on the modern entertainment industry. That's all I'm willing to say at this point"

I hear they are due to appear on the next Britain's got Talent playing nose-flutes.

message 37: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25094 comments Peasy! The ear flute is the tricky one.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Ah well, I hear that they are both slightly challenged in the ear department. All the growth went into the noses...

message 39: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22042 comments Kath wrote: "Peasy! The ear flute is the tricky one."

lessons available here
http://www.heartmindproductions.com/

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments There is a famous clip from a Graham Norton program showing a young lady playing the flute with another part of her anatomy. Once seen, never forgotten!!

G J (Gaff to my friends) Reilly | 1901 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "There is a famous clip from a Graham Norton program showing a young lady playing the flute with another part of her anatomy. Once seen, never forgotten!!"

Yeah, I've never thought that an instrument should be played from the belly button either.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Thats a very odd place to have a belly button!!

G J (Gaff to my friends) Reilly | 1901 comments Anatomy was never my strong point, ask my wife. Thankfully, she married me for my lack of interest in sports.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments G.J. (Gaff to my friends) wrote: "Anatomy was never my strong point, ask my wife. Thankfully, she married me for my lack of interest in sports."

I take it you don't write medical thrillers then :)

G J (Gaff to my friends) Reilly | 1901 comments Odly, no. However, it might help with my anatomy if I did... And strangely, it could also improve my hokey-cokey skills.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments G.J. (Gaff to my friends) wrote: "Odly, no. However, it might help with my anatomy if I did... And strangely, it could also improve my hokey-cokey skills."

My hokey-cokey has got decidedly rusty, as I havent hoked or coked for many a year.

G J (Gaff to my friends) Reilly | 1901 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "My hokey-cokey has got decidedly rusty, ..."

There's a manual for it online somewhere. :-)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments A Haynes manual?

message 49: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Hokey Kokey for Dummies, perhaps?

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I did look for that, but there seems to be a gap in the market. You could try writing one Tim.

« previous 1