Polls for Our Souls discussion

Random > Actually scary books?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Watson (maydaykoigo) | 31 comments So I’m stuck for something to read over October and I’m wondering if anyone could recommend a legitimately scary novel? Horror, thriller, ghosts/demons, etc something that I can find on iBooks?

(Already read Dracula, Frankenstein, The House at the Bottom of a Lake, Reanimator, and a couple more usual suspects)

message 2: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (isabelmarua) House of Leaves

message 4: by Fergus (new)

Fergus | 20 comments All Hallows’ Eve by Charles Williams. It gave me the unhallowed Creeps...

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Watson (maydaykoigo) | 31 comments Cool, thanks! 😄

message 7: by Mark (new)

Mark André (on hiatus) Wise Blood by Flannery O’ Connor - )

message 8: by S61, Creator/Chief Moderator (new)

S61 (kingdombooks) | 248 comments Mod
I recently read the guest list and it’s not scary per se, but had a creepy supernatural aspect I wasn’t expecting

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

It's probably not scary to most but A Good Girl's Guide To Murder.

message 11: by Book frog (new)

Book frog (howtoreadeverybookintheworld) | 2 comments I know it's November now but I'd reccomend Tender Is the Flesh. It's a short dystopian fiction novel. TW: gore, violence, assault, sexual assault, animal abuse.

message 12: by J (new)

J | 410 comments Thomas Ligotti

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather | 86 comments The Troop- by Nick Cutter
Final Girl Support Group -Grady Hendrix (his Southern Vampire's one is good too)
Jaws-Peter Benchley
Salem's Lot or Pet Semetary by Stephen King are good
Anything by Edgar Allan Poe

message 14: by jen (new)

jen (jenzreads) | 27 comments i thought and then there were none wasn’t scary per se but eerie and the atmosphere was def spooky

message 15: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 22 comments Pet cemetery was supposed to be scary (my friend said she couldn’t read it past the half way point cus she was having nightmares cus of it) but it was just a corny horror book for me, you may end up being like my friend or me, but you may be between and enjoy it, hope this helped!