Star Wars Legends Fan Group discussion

New Canon - books only > Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 809 comments Has anyone else been enjoying this new iteration of Thrawn? While this thread is for the newest Thrawn novel, we can discuss the other three Thrawn novels: Thrawn, Alliances, and Treason as well.

message 2: by Cooper (new)

Cooper | 62 comments I really loved the Thrawn Trilogy, so that led me to the Thrawn novel. I have Alliances on my bookshelf but have not read it yet. Is it worth reading and trying to catch up?

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 809 comments I love them. I enjoy getting to see a different side of Thrawn. I'd say they're worth reading.

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 809 comments And as a fan of the Tie Defender computer game getting to listen to the audiobook version of Vader flying one and talking shop with Thrawn about ship design was a real treat.

message 5: by Allyssa, New Republic Head of State (last edited Oct 11, 2020 07:33AM) (new)

Allyssa Smith | 757 comments Mod
I read the Thrawn trilogy and Thrawn: Alliances. I mean the one with split timeline and (view spoiler)
Timeline 1(older
TL)
(view spoiler)
Timeline 2(newer timeline) This one is set when Vader is in the suit.
(view spoiler)

message 6: by Cooper (new)

Cooper | 62 comments I'll have to catch up on them. I do like the idea of Thrawn and Vader having to wrk together since there relationship was never discussed in the Thrawn Trilogy.

message 7: by Allyssa, New Republic Head of State (new)

If you liked the canon Thrawn trilogy, check out the legends books: Dark Force Rising, Heir to the Empire and The Last Command. We have threads up for at least one of those books. The Legends books R by Timothy Zahn, the same as the canon trilogy.

message 8: by Allyssa, New Republic Head of State (new)

Did you hear about Lesser Evil coming out in Nov 2021! So excited for Lesser Evil and Greater Good!