Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Edit author's name

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Dill (markdill) | 1 comments Somehow my book has the wrong author in the listing. The person wrote my intro, not my book. I see no way to make this small edit. Can someone help me? I posted a question 3 days ago...

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 23234 comments Fixed

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44649 comments Mod
For future reference, the Adding New Books folder is for requesting the addition of books that don't yet exist on Goodreads. Moved to Book Issues.

message 4: by Karin (new)

Karin | 24 comments I am not sure how to fix this and it is beyond what I can do right now with my time. There are two different Erik Larsons, and the famous one has never written any children's books. I tried changing the author's name to Larson, but it turns out there is an author here just called Larson. If you go to this book and click on the OTHER edition, it goes to the correct Erik Larson.

I do not have nearly enough time at this point in my life to learn how to remove books from an author's site (I had more time when I became a librarian and will again in the future).

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... So now it is showing up in too many places and I am not sure if it is because the publisher is also listed as Erik Larson, or what has happened. But I know for a fact that the author of books such as Dead Wake has never written children's fiction.

message 5: by Alison (new)

Alison | 959 comments Karin wrote: "There are two different Erik Larsons, and the famous one has never written any children's books. I tried changing the author's name to Larson, but it turns out there is an author here just called Larson. If you go to this book and click on the OTHER edition, it goes to the correct Erik Larson."

Changing the author's name to just Larson would not be the correct course of action here even if there weren't an author already called Larson on the site.

On the edit page for the edition with the "correct" Erik Larson, you'll see there are two spaces between the first and last names, Erik^^Larson, where ^ represents one space. Spaces are how Goodreads separates authors with the same name. You can read about this here: https://help.goodreads.com/s/article/... ("Separating authors with the same name").

I have changed Larson to Erik^^Larson.

message 6: by Karin (new)

Karin | 24 comments Alison wrote: "Karin wrote: "There are two different Erik Larsons, and the famous one has never written any children's books. I tried changing the author's name to Larson, but it turns out there is an author here..."

Thanks!