What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA book about girl (late teens) getting struck by lightning and being in an institution

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh McComb (kayleighlmccomb) | 2 comments It’s a book about a girl who gets struck by Lightning and ends up in this institution-type thing. I don’t remember a lot about the plot (I read this years ago) but I feel like it was mentioned that she wore a red dress for prom/homecoming and that she did have a boyfriend. I maybe read this in 2016-2017?

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2846 comments A Season for Fireflies by Rebecca Maizel, maybe? Or Struck by Deb Loughead?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35397 comments Mod
Kayleigh, what's the genre (which we need to add to the header/topic title) - e.g., YA [=teen] fantasy, romance? How old are the main characters later in the book?

message 4: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh McComb (kayleighlmccomb) | 2 comments The genre is contemporary teen? The main character is definitely in her late-teens

message 5: by Minnikin (new)

Minnikin | 62 comments Meg Cabot has a series where the main character is a teen girl who is struck by lightning and gains the ability to find missing children. In one book she winds up in the custody of the US government in what could be termed an institution. Check out the 1-800-Where-r-u series.