This topic is about The Harlem Story
Spotlighted Reads > Great African-American Read

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danny (new) - added it

Danny Holst | 1 comments The Harlem StoryThe Harlem Story
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FG8CK5X Kindle Unlimited

Hi,
I would like to captivate the group with my creative and entertaining novel, The Harlem Story. Written originally as an integrated, musical screenplay, this romantic tale incorporates gospel, R&B, and Hip Hop song lyrics and ideas from my script. It is an epic action/adventure about gifted singers raised in the church, aspiring to sing professionally. Moreover, the dramatic and inspirational finale is often described by readers as a contemporary, African-American "Les Miserable." The first chapter is my James Baldwin autobiography about my struggles with writing and family while living in Harlem since the 1960s.

message 2: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka (ztook) | 2962 comments Mod
Danny wrote: "Hi, I would like to captivate the group with my creative and entertaining novel, The Harlem Story. Written originally as an integrated, musical screenplay, this romantic tale..."

Hi Danny, this novel sounds very interesting. I love gospel and R&B. Was it put on stage as musical before you wrote the novel; if not, are there plans to do it? That musical would surely be great to see.