Koontzland - Dean Koontz discussion

Ask Anna: Advice for the Furry and Forlorn
This topic is about Ask Anna

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 5990 comments Mod
Ask Anna was featured in the recent USELESS NEWS. I also recently saw it at my local Barnes & Noble on Clearance for 50% off. I considered purchasing it but put it back. I looked through it and it made me laugh.

Has anyone bought this and/or read it? What are your thoughts?

message 2: by Diane Lynch (new)

Diane Lynch (dianedesmarrstlynch) | 470 comments How do I gwt useless news and I haven't read that

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 884 comments I just bought Ask Anna on Amazon. There was one by Trixie ...I can't remember which one but it was made into a page a day calendar. It was one of the best page a day calendars I've ever had. I wish he would re-issue that calendar. It was wonderful getting a new little piece of wisdom each day,

message 4: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Diane wrote: "How do I gwt useless news and I haven't read that"

Write to Dean at the PO Box listed in the back of his books. You will then be added to his USELESS NEWS Mailing List :-)

message 5: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Karen B. wrote: "I just bought Ask Anna on Amazon. There was one by Trixie ...I can't remember which one but it was made into a page a day calendar. It was one of the best page a day calendars I've ever had. I w..."

Bliss To You probably. That was my favorite Trixie Book.
Bliss to You Trixie's Guide to a Happy Life by Trixie Koontz

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 884 comments I just loved Ask Anna. I thought he might be doing something much like his Trixie books but Anna is her own personality. I liked the format of her being the "dear abby" of canines. I wrote in my review that I liked the things that people could get advice from Anna too. Anna encourages the dogs, to accept themselves and encourages self-esteem. But the pictures... oh my, they are what made the book for me. I loved seeing different breeds of dogs writing to her and all of their posing and Anna's. Someone did a great job with the photography.

message 7: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

I looked through it at the bookstore. I might check out a copy from the library and review it, but I don't think it's one that I will buy. Glad you liked it & your praise makes me want to read it :-)

message 8: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

I didn't realize until now that Anna had died. Dean & Gerda now have a new dog named Elsa living with them.

After Anna passed on 22 May, we didn’t expect to be able even to think about another dog until next year. Then on 11 July, along came Elsa, a Canine Companions for Independence release dog, 21 months old and in need of a home. Every dog has its own personality, no two alike, but judging by our experiences with three dogs so far, the difference between them and people is that all canine personalities are winners! Raised by a prisoner, sent from there to CCI Oceanside for months of specialty training, having been recommended for a “career change” because she would rather cuddle than work, Elsa finds everything about her first home surprising and fascinating, most especially mirrors, when she tries to give her toy to the “other” dog.

As ever,

Dean

Source: http://www.deankoontz.com/introducing...