Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > Beta reader for Sci-fy. An oral history. 40k words

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Micah (new)

Micah | 7 comments Greetings!

I'm looking for a beta reader for a 40k word Oral history. The book is in the same theme as Studs Terkel and Max Brooks's fine novels

I have done two edits myself, which is not saying a lot, as I'm a terrible editor. I want to get some opinions on the interviews before I sent it to my editor. Overall opinions on the work and any weak interviews.

This is science fiction, though I'm still not sure where it falls under that genre.

Hope to hear from you,

message 2: by Meghalee (new)

Meghalee Mitra | 37 comments Hi Micah,

I would love to beta read your work. :) I have a PostGrad/Master's degree in Literature, and have spent years critiquing books. I pay special attention to each line, with in-line reactions, feedback, and tips on how to improve sentences/portions that don't work. I will also write a long Report.

You can check authentic reviews for my work at fiverr.com/wordpaint . My gig reviews will show you that all my clients have been the happiest ones. I hope to do that for you as well. :) I have 5+ years of experience in this field. I have written and edited several issues across notable platforms.

My rate is $1 per 1000 words till we reach 100k words. After that it's $0.5

(I proofread for free in beta reading projects.)

Hope this helps! :) If you have an issue with the rate, then do get it touch and I'll see what I can do. :)

My email is meghaleemitra@gmail.com. Please feel free to message me here or via mail.

Looking forward!

message 3: by Shalu (new)

Shalu Gupta | 37 comments Hello Micah,

Hope you are well! 

This is in reference to your post on goodreads. I am an editor and right now offering editorial assessment service to authors. Editorial assessment is a service you need after beta reading but before the professional editing phase. While doing a thorough editorial assessment on your story, I will point out -

‘show don’t tell' issues

Ambiguous narration

Confused storyline

POV issues

Character development

Issue with the flow

Plot-holes

Muddled language and over-explaining

Dialogue improvement 

I will also compile a report at the end if you wish.

P.S. I also have other publishing services and guidance. Let's connect to discuss.

Let me know your thoughts. 

Regards 
Shalu

message 4: by M.T. (new)

M.T. DeSantis (desantismt) | 44 comments Hi Micah,
I'm interested in beta reading your book. Sci-fi is one of my specialties, and my base rate for projects 40k and up is $1/1000 words. You can learn more about me at my site: https://www.kitnkabookle.com and email me at mary@kitnkabookle.com. :)

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris (chris83) | 78 comments That sounds like an interesting read. Scifi has always been my favorite genre and Max Brooks one of my favorite authors. $1 per 1k gets you 3+ pages of feedback. Here's my website if you'd like to check it out. You can find sample reports there. https://krisbradleyeditor.wordpress.c...

message 6: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (gabbycd) | 88 comments Micah wrote: "Greetings!

I'm looking for a beta reader for a 40k word Oral history. The book is in the same theme as Studs Terkel and Max Brooks's fine novels

I have done two edits myself, which is not saying ..."

Hi Micah,

I'm an experienced beta reader and editor and I'd love to help!
I charge $0.0015AUD/word for beta reading (about $0.001USD/word). So for 40k words, the final price will be $60AUD ($40USD). I offer detailed feedback and a quick turnaround time.

You can read more about my services as well as testimonials on my website: https://gcdeditorial.wordpress.com/
Or you can email me with any questions at gcdeditorial@outlook.com

Gabby