2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Off Topic > A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenni (new)

Jenni Kemling | 65 comments I've always wanted to visit Egypt, if I had a time machine ancient Egypt specifically. Any good books based in this setting?

message 2: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Pereira (adrianacecilia) You have Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie. It's not Ancient Egypt and technically they are in a cruise but they do set foot on land. It's a great detective fiction book!

I would totally go to Ancient Egypt if I had a time machine too.

message 3: by Jenni (new)

Jenni Kemling | 65 comments Thanks for the suggestion!

message 4: by Lou (new)

Lou LaJeunesse | 45 comments You might try the Likly of the Nile by or The Princess Of Egypt Must Die by Stephanie Dray

message 5: by Jenni (new)

Jenni Kemling | 65 comments Thank you I'll look those up!

message 6: by Anja (new)

Anja (thesofa) | 86 comments I really liked this one Reflections in the Nile, about a woman that is propelled back in time to Ancient Egypt

message 7: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh (ashleighsbookshelf) Two of the best books set in Egypt for me were Nefertiti and The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran! I also love the ancient Egyptian period and there really isn't enough fiction set in it!

message 8: by Jenni (new)

Jenni Kemling | 65 comments There is definitely not enough fiction set in it! I've been searching for weeks for a book set in ancient Egypt to catch my eye!

message 9: by Andreea (new)

Andreea | 23 comments Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan.

message 10: by Ireene (last edited Jan 19, 2015 01:47AM) (new)

Ireene | 36 comments The Egyptian by Mika Waltari
The Egyptian by Mika Waltari
Everyone I know who has read this love this!

message 11: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Pereira (adrianacecilia) Jenni have you tried this website? All you have to do is search the location you want and it gives you a list of books that are set there.
Someone mentioned this for "a book set in your hometown" but it works here as well.

message 12: by Des (new)

Des (desny) | 13 comments Yes!! Kane Chronicles :D Rick Riordan is absolutely fantastic!