What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult haunted house, scary, romantic. Man builds mansion for beloved wife, who dies before mansion is built. Read early 1980s.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 4 comments My mom got this from the library for me to read in probably the early 1980's. A man is building a mansion for his beloved, I think her name is Sara? There is a fire in the mansion, maybe Sara perished in the fire...I'm not sure because I don't remember the details. The mansion has new ownership and is haunted by this Sara spirit.

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments Was this a hardcover or a paperback? And do you remember anything about the cover?

message 3: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 4 comments The rockabilly werewolf from Mars wrote: "Was this a hardcover or a paperback? And do you remember anything about the cover?"

I'm almost positive it was a paperback book. I want to say the cover was a black silhouette of a mansion-style house.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Oct 09, 2020 11:34AM) (new)

Kris | 35366 comments Mod
Jodi, is this book for adults or teens?

What is the story's time period and location (country, region, near a well-known city)?

message 5: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 4 comments Kris wrote: "Jodi, is this book for adults or teens?

What is the story's time period and location (country, region, near a well-known city)?"

I'm assuming it is a book for adults. I can't be positive, but I believe the story wavered between the present day ( 1980's) and 1800's when the mansion was being built.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35366 comments Mod
What's the tone - e.g., fantasy, romance, mystery, scary?

message 7: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 4 comments Kris wrote: "What's the tone - e.g., fantasy, romance, mystery, scary?"

Scary with a bit of haunting romantic qualities.