Book-A-Thon > The Raven Boys

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia I started the first one the other day
January: book one
February: book two
March: book three

message 2: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Janie Johnson | 14081 comments Mod
I don't own these books and I don't think I have them books on my kindle either, otherwise I would join you because I have heard good things about the story.

message 3: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I read the first and loved it! I plan on buying the other two so will be happy to discuss as you read, and hopefully buy and start the second when you do.

message 4: by Shell (last edited Jan 18, 2016 08:18PM) (new)

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments Is anyone still interested in reading The Raven Boys as a buddy read? I have the first book and wouldn't mind reading it at some point. No rush.

message 5: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Shell I will read it, but cant get to it till probably Feb. or March.

message 6: by Shell (new)

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments That would suit me fine Janie - just let me know when you're ready :)

message 7: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

HAHA Shell I completely forgot about this read. I can read it in the next couple of months if you still wanna have a go at it.

message 8: by Shell (new)

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments I had too Janie!! LOL!

I'm definitely keen to read it and I'm pretty flexible with dates so just let me know what suits you :)

message 9: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Ok well how about this next month? I am up for it, I have books 1 and 2 for that series and will look for the other 2. I have heard so many great things about the series. I also wanna read The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by her, I have the first book in that one.

message 10: by Shell (new)

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments Sorry Janie, I only just saw this but yes, I am absolutely keen for 12th September! I only have the first book so I'll have to see what I can do about finding the others!

message 11: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Ok sounds good them Shell! Looking forward to it. I have heard a lot of good things about this series.

message 12: by Shell (new)

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments Well it is the 12th here today and I managed to start The Raven Boys before I left for work. I only read just past the first chapter, but I didn't want to stop - it has sucked me in already! It seems like most of the main characters have been introduced and I'm keen now to find out more about them all. I have a night at home on my own tonight so I"m hoping to put a big dent in this one as I know how fast you read Janie! Can't wait to hear your thoughts :)

message 13: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

I will be picking it up here is a little bit Shell. I have some stuff to get done first. I have heard so many good things on this series, so I am looking forward to getting into it.

message 14: by Shell (new)

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments I didn't get as much reading done last night as I would have liked, hopefully tonight is a little more productive.

message 15: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Shell I got to Chapter 5 today. I am not sure how I am feeling about it right now. The writing feels somewhat choppy to me if that makes sense to you. IDK we will see where it goes...

message 16: by Shell (new)

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments Hmmmm, hopefully it improves Janie. I will try and catch up with you tonight if I can.

message 17: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

I think the storyline is good, it just needs to flow a bit better for me.