Play Book Tag discussion

How to Be a Good Creature: A Memoir in Thirteen Animals
This topic is about How to Be a Good Creature
October 2020: Animals > [Poll Ballot] How to be a Good Creature by Sy Montgomery 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue | 1229 comments A delightful book!

The author tells autobiographical stories of pets and animals she's researched. Each animal has made an impact in the author's life.

I loved her stories about her pets: dogs, chickens, a pig. But what was unexpected is how she brought tarantulas and octopi to life in such a warm and loving way. Got to admit, I still wouldn't want to handle those creatures, but I appreciate that she appreciates those animals.

There were some stories of her childhood and her family woven into the fabric of the book. She brushes over these incidents, but clearly didn't have a warm and fuzzy mother! And animals seemed to take a place where family might otherwise go.

This was 100% a feel good book and a wonderful read.

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5681 comments Sue wrote: "A delightful book!

The author tells autobiographical stories of pets and animals she's researched. Each animal has made an impact in the author's life.

I loved her stories about her pets: dogs, c..."

I just started this and I really like it so far.

message 3: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue | 1229 comments I hope you enjoy!

message 4: by Joanne (last edited Oct 08, 2020 07:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7997 comments I am about 1/2 the way through-Really a book that you could finish in a night-but I decided I was liking it so much that I would read one story a night, to help me drift off to sleep with good thoughts-I am loving it.

I can relate to her relationship with her mother and father, Oh can I relate-Sometimes it is nice to vindicated in our life choices and to see someone else write it, really brightened my soul

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5681 comments After reading the chapter about the Cloud Forrest of New Guinea, I just spent half an hour looking at pictures of wild Dr Seuss like animals from part of the world. So weird, so cute!

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7997 comments NancyJ wrote: "After reading the chapter about the Cloud Forrest of New Guinea, I just spent half an hour looking at pictures of wild Dr Seuss like animals from part of the world. So weird, so cute!"

Ha! I did the same Nancy-went down one of those black holes as I googled and googled....LoL