Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Dunkelstjärnan (Kampen om Tusenvärld, #1)
This topic is about Dunkelstjärnan
Book Issues > Please make me the author of my new book

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new) - added it

Joseph Davis (josephadavis) | 14 comments Hi!

My newest book Dunkelstjärnan seems to be attributed to a different Joseph Davis, as it does not show up in the list of my books, and when I click on its author, I find a number of books I have not written.

I am the author of Markus av Trolyrien and Edgar and the Dragon. If Dunkelstjärnan could be categorized under the same author (me), I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance!
-- Joseph

message 2: by Mantvydas (last edited Oct 07, 2020 10:24AM) (new)

Mantvydas | 1093 comments Done.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

1. Goodreads differentiates between authors of the same name with spaces before the last name.

2. Your author profile is: Joseph^^^^Davis where the ^ equals a space.

3. When you want to add a book the best way to make sure it is assigned to your profile properly is to add it from your author page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/list...
and scroll down to where it says: * Note: these are all the books on Goodreads for this author. To add more books, click here. [there is a hyperlink for adding your books on the "Click Here " that will ensure your author's name is correctly formatted.

4. If work is automatically imported, it will go to the default profile with one space. You can ask in this forum to have it moved.

5. Many authors do not know about the spaces that identify which profile is there, but now that you know, it is really helpful to mention that your profile has 4 spaces when asking for assistance.

message 3: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Joseph wrote: "Hi!

My newest book Dunkelstjärnan seems to be attributed to a different Joseph Davis, as it does not show up in the list of my books, and when I click on its author, I find a number of books I hav..."

Goodreads differentiates between authors of the same name with spaces before the last name.

Your author profile has 4 spaces: Joseph^^^^Davis where the ^ is a space.

Many authors do not know about the spaces, so I thought I would let you know.

If you need assistance, it is very helpful to mention that your profile has 4 spaces.

message 4: by Mantvydas (new)

Mantvydas | 1093 comments Suzi, I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed your tips.

message 5: by Joseph (new) - added it

Joseph Davis (josephadavis) | 14 comments Thank you so much for your help!