The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Webcasts, Podcasts, etc. > Mystery/Detective Series

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Woods | 2 comments I'm looking to start a series of book that have a main character or characters in each subsequent novel. I've been looking into Alex Delaware and Harry Bosch, are either of these good to start with? Thank you

message 2: by Aima (new)

Aima (aima-w-17) | 2 comments Yup. Good to start with. I'd also recommend the DD Warren and FBI Profiler Series by Lisa Gardner, Mary Burton's Alexandria, Richmond, Texas Rangers, and Morgans of Nashville Series, and Karin Slaughter's Will Trent and Grant County Series of course. Enjoy!

message 3: by Elizabeth A.G. (new)

Elizabeth A.G. | 35 comments I just received a giveaway from Patricia Skalka of Death Stalks Door County (Dave Cubiak, #1) by Patricia Skalka Death Stalks Door County. This is the first of five books in her Dave Cubiak Door County Mystery series. The series follows Dave Cubiak, a former Chicago police detective turned Wisconsin park ranger, who is reluctantly drawn into police investigations, in this first book of six recent deaths. Books in this series: https://www.fantasticfiction.com/s/pa...

message 4: by Mike (new)

Mike (tigermike) | 94 comments Jordan wrote: "I'm looking to start a series of book that have a main character or characters in each subsequent novel. I've been looking into Alex Delaware and Harry Bosch, are either of these good to start with..."

Both have 25+ books and Bosch is a dectective while Delaware a pychologist. Bosch has a better back story and is a a more substantial character and storyline. For something alittle different, try Jane Harpers Aaron Falk two recent books and Aussie noire.

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Death Stalks Door County (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Patricia Skalka (other topics)