What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Teen Fiction about a boy who gets involved in a Nazi Resistance Group without knowing it

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole W (chuckboyd) | 2 comments A couple of years ago I read a book that I now can no longer remember the title of. I read it around the same time that I read Tamar by Mal Peet. If you have read Tamar maybe you have read this book? I know it sounds really random when describing it, but here are some things that I remember about it...

It is a (historical?) fiction book written for young adults.

The main character is a teenage boy and becomes friends with a girl that goes missing due to a child trafficking circle.

This main character also becomes friends with a geeky boy whose dad is the school janitor and they break into the school office together.

At one point, the main character, geeky boy, and another girl go to a the club where the abducted girl is being held to try and rescue her.

There is an old lady that lives in town and the community youth believe that her house is haunted. There is a family cemetery behind the house, and a garage.

This old lady ends up being in a secret organization that helped children escape concentration camps in WWII. They all have (green?) butterfly tattoos somewhere on their body. One of the worst enemies of this secret group is the Butcher of Lyon.

When the main character was little, his father was killed in a car crash. At the end of the book, the old lady informs the main character that the EMT/Paramedic that responded to the dad's car crash was the Butcher of Lyon.

Again, I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what this book is called! But I would really like to read it again and to purchase it. I figured what better way to try to track it down than on a website for book readers. If any of you have any inkling as to what book I am referring to, please let me know!

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Nicole--is the War on-going in this book, or is it in the past? If the past, how far in the past? How many years is "a couple of years"? What format did you read it in--book, ebook, audio etc.?

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole W (chuckboyd) | 2 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Nicole--is the War on-going in this book, or is it in the past? If the past, how far in the past? How many years is "a couple of years"? What format did you read it in--book, ebook, audio etc.?"

The war is in the past... for quite a while at this point. And it was a paperback book that I read.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Nicole, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Nicole, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.