What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Kids/Teens book. A boy falls in love with a girl who works at the store he is buying sneakers on his birthday.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (last edited Oct 07, 2020 12:28AM) (new)

Victoria | 3 comments I don't remember when I read it, but it was around 10 years ago. I read it with a friend of mine and it was her aunt's book.

I don't know the genre, probably romance? Can't remember.

The boy was 9-13 years old, I really can't remember his exact age, but on his birthday his dad took him to a store to buy a new sneaker. When he was there, he saw a girl who was working there, she brought some sneakers for him to try on and he immediately fell in love. She was obviously older than him, but after that day, he visited her every day at work. In fact, he just kept looking at her through the window. I don't know how, but at some point they became friends, I think he didn't have a good relationship with his parents and didn't have many friends too, so she gave him a lot of advice and spent time with him, talking about random things. She was very important and special to him. He loved her. One day she was acting weird, gave him some advice and told him she wouldn't see him ever again, I really don't remember well, but it made me sad. The boy was very lost after this and I don't know how the book ended, I think it ended when she said goodbye...

I've been trying to find it for YEARS so if you guys could help me I'd appreciate it very much.

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 3 comments It sounds vaguely familiar but I am not even close to coming up with it. Sorry.

message 3: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 3 comments Barbara wrote: "It sounds vaguely familiar but I am not even close to coming up with it. Sorry." It's alright, sometimes I think I created this book in my mind because no one knows it lmao

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19597 comments Do you think the book was intended for kids, teens, or adults?

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 3 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Do you think the book was intended for kids, teens, or adults?" i think it was for kids or teens