Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > Seeking Critique Partner/ Beta Reader for 117K Non-Fiction Book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (new)

Jason Alders | 2 comments Hi
I have a non-fiction manuscript which I'd describe as a teaching/memoir. Think books like Bird by Bird, On Writing, Artists Way, Big Magic.

I am a visual professional fine artist and have written a book following milestones of my art career journey which also addresses and speaks to creatives of all types and ventures outside of my own life. In that way, it has memoir aspects, but it's not specifically that.

The purpose of my book is to offer strategies, mindsets and lessons of the artist's journey. I talk about the business of art, spiritual aspects of inspiration, the purpose of art, and overcoming the obstacles we can all relate to along the way.

The manuscript just came out of developmental edits and my dev editor agreed that it would be helpful to have other eyes on it. I think it needs to be trimmed down a bit and the theme could be polished a bit. I am not married to the title either and am hoping getting some more eyes on it will help bring me clarity.

I am looking for someone that can be a critique partner to make the process feel like team work and less isolating.

I will be in need of copy/line edits after this phase and if someone can perform both services, I'd be interested also, but if it's 2 different people thats ok too.
thank you in advance

Jay

message 2: by Novel (new)

Novel Idea | 20 comments Hi Jay,

I'd love to be of help. Part of my beta reading process involves being a sounding board of sorts for my writers.

My "day job" is classical music, so I imagine I'm in your artistic type demographic.

Rates and testimonials can be seen at www.novelidea.ca. I'd be happy to discuss your wants and needs for your book and see if we'd be a good fit together. Send me an email at novelidea.editing@gmail.com and we can discuss things in greater detail.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Casey

message 3: by Gabby (last edited Oct 06, 2020 03:02PM) (new)

Gabby (gabbycd) | 88 comments Hi Jay,

I’m an experienced beta reader and editor, and I have worked on a fair few memoir-type books. I also have an interest in art so your novel sounds really interesting to me. I’d love to help both with critiques and editing.

For beta reading I charge $0.0015AUD/word (about $0.001USD/word). I offer detailed feedback using track changes and comments on your manuscript, as well as an editorial letter summarising my notes (about 1500 words).
For copy editing I charge between $0.003-0.005AUD/word ($0.002-0.004USD). I’d be happy to provide a free sample to determine price, as well as for you to ensure I’m the right fit for your work.

You can find out more details about my experience, services and testimonials on my website: https://gcdeditorial.wordpress.com
Or email me if you have any further questions: gcdeditorial@outlook.com

Gabby

message 4: by Soare (new)

Soare Stapanire | 56 comments Hi Jay,
Your non-fiction book sounds interesting. I'd love to beta-read your book and provide detailed feedback about it. You can PM me or reach out to me at fu65745@gmail.com
Thanks!

message 5: by Fanna (new)

Fanna (fannaforbooks) | 80 comments Hey, Jay!

I'm always interested in non-fiction that can provide immense value to its readers, especially where the narration is more memoir-like and includes personal undertones so I think I'd be a great beta reader for this manuscript.

↦ quick links: details | base price | samples | testimonials

Considering the way you're looking for a beta reader who can work along with you and provide more critical points, I would suggest my chapter-by-chapter feedback that costs according to a base price of $1.5/1K words.

You can expect a cohesive feedback and quick discussions around which direction the book should go ahead in. It’ll allow you to get more specific solutions and a more conversational service.

Expected turnaround time for such a word count would be two weeks. You can read more about the current discount being offered and other details of the service ➵ here.

If you wish to place an order, simply fill out this form and I'll reply with a confirmation or if you have a query, just send an email to fanna.the.blog@gmail.com Looking forward to working with you!

message 6: by Meghalee (new)

Meghalee Mitra | 37 comments Hi Jay,

I would love to beta read and proofread your work. :) I have a Master's degree in Literature, and have spent years critiquing books. I pay special attention to each line, with in-line reactions, feedback, and tips on how to improve sentences/portions that don't work. I will also write a long Report.

You can check authentic reviews for my work at fiverr.com/wordpaint . My gig reviews will show you that all my clients have been the happiest ones. I hope to do that for you as well. :) I have 5+ years of experience in this field. I have written and edited several issues across notable platforms.

My rate is $1 per 1000 words till we reach 100k words. After that it's $0.5

(I proofread for free in beta reading projects.)

I provide line-editing services too, and would be happy to discuss rates / furnish my portfolio.

Hope this helps! :)

My email is meghaleemitra@gmail.com. Please feel free to message me here or via mail.

Looking forward!