What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fantasy/supernatural chapter book about eleven year old girl who moves somewhere new with father after mother dies?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K (new)

K | 3 comments I read this book about 10 years ago when I was 11 or 12. A girl has to move somewhere new with her father after her mother dies. I remember it having supernatural elements and the theme was about how being eleven years old was special because it was right on the cusp of childhood and teenage hood... I can’t remember if the house she moved to was haunted but I think she meets a boy who might be a spirit? I want to say her age has something to do with weird stuff going on in her new home. Sorry I can’t be more descriptive. I can’t remember any names or bigger plot points. I believe this book was written by a woman if that’s of any significance.

message 2: by Emilie (new)

Emilie (emilierose) | 140 comments I’m gonna throw Olivia Kidney by Ellen Potter out there, since it popped into my head. Just a wild guess tho.

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19576 comments Olivia Kidney for Emilie's suggestion.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Oct 06, 2020 06:24PM) (new)

Kris | 35347 comments Mod
K, that's a good start, but we need more information in the header at the top of the page. Many members only read the headers. We have thousands of book requests.

Copy more plot details (e.g., mother dies, fantasy elements) from your message #1 to the header by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

- What is the story's time period and location? Or is it a fantasy world, not Earth?

message 5: by K (new)

K | 3 comments Emilie wrote: "I’m gonna throw Olivia Kidney by Ellen Potter out there, since it popped into my head. Just a wild guess tho."

That’s not it but thank you!

message 6: by K (last edited Oct 09, 2020 12:29PM) (new)

K | 3 comments Kris wrote: "K, that's a good start, but we need more information in the header at the top of the page. Many members only read the headers. We have thousands of book requests.

Copy more plot details (e.g., mot..."

It’s set on Earth in modern times. Thank you! After thinking about it some more I decided the book was probably more YA than children’s.