Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 95k urban fantasy

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (last edited Oct 08, 2020 03:32PM) (new)

Eric Avedissian | 1 comments I'm seeking beta readers for my 95k-word urban fantasy ACCURSED SON.

For jaded mortician Armand Tarkanian, embalming cadavers was literally a dead-end job, until he glimpsed a vision of a woman’s death – and her killer.

Desperate for money to escape his uncle’s funeral home, Armand is hired to sew cocaine into the cadavers he embalms and bury them. Though he’s making serious cash, the bodies go missing from their graves and the police have questions. That's when Vonnie, a grieving widow, enters Armand's life. Armand believes Vonnie holds the answers he seeks, though she’s skeptical of his otherworldly gift. When a cult worshipping an ancient Armenian death goddess threatens Armand’s family, the mortician must find his courage and take on the cult's brutal and charismatic leader or lose everyone he loves.

ACCURSED SON is BREAKING BAD meets SIX FEET UNDER with a sprinkle of magic and danger. Blending elements of Silvia Moreno-Garcia’s GODS OF JADE AND SHADOW with Jim Butcher’s DRESDEN FILES series, the story incorporates living Armenian mythology, with legendary creatures stalking the streets of modern Fresno.

I will beta read your novel in exchange for a beta read.

If this book interests you, please contact me. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Eric

message 2: by Nichole (new)

Nichole  | 22 comments Hi, this sounds like a really cool story. I'm interested in beta reading this.

message 3: by Eli (new)

Eli | 2 comments Hi! This sounds amazing, I’d love to beta read.