Teen Book Club discussion

Book Discussions > YA Science Fiction/Fantasy Books

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Autumn (new)

Autumn Livingston (autumnlovesflowers) | 2 comments Hey, I'm a high school freshman and was wondering if there are any suggestions for YA Science Fiction or Fantasy books? I'd really appreciate it 😊

message 2: by Jesse (new)

Jesse | 199 comments Some really good one's are:

Skyward

Steelheart

I Am Number Four (albeit it is extremely stereotypical.)

The Eye of Minds

The Ruins of Gorlan

The Final Empire (though this is considered Adult fantasy, I would still highly recommend it to YA readers.)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

The lunar chronicles by Marissa Meyer or Renegades by her, hunger games too if you want.

message 4: by Macy (new)

Macy (maggieviolet) | 110 comments Aurora Rising (sci-fi I think)
The Lunar Chronicles (sci-fi)
The Books of Bayern (fantasy)
The Unblemished series

message 5: by urmom (new)

urmom (urmomreadsbooks) | 26 comments uhh neither of these are YA XD but if u were open to reading adult, some cool sci-fi books i know are Recursion and The Martian.

both were really interesting, and recursion had my brain working hard XD honestly, so did the martian, but in a different way ahaha. recursion had me questioning reality XD

message 6: by suki (new)

suki Hey everyone! I’m new to goodreads and was wondering that may yall can give me some nice YA fantasy book recommendations besides from HP, Percy Jackson and Cassandra Clare...

I’m looking forward to read The Cruel Prince and the ACOWAR series :)

message 7: by Jesse (new)

Jesse | 199 comments Sukanya wrote: "Hey everyone! I’m new to goodreads and was wondering that may yall can give me some nice YA fantasy book recommendations besides from HP, Percy Jackson and Cassandra Clare...

I’m looking forward t..."

The Final Empire is terrific!!!

message 8: by Johanna (new)

Johanna Burton | 96 comments I just finished the False Prince and loved it! Another great one is Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly.

message 9: by urmom (new)

urmom (urmomreadsbooks) | 26 comments Sukanya wrote: "Hey everyone! I’m new to goodreads and was wondering that may yall can give me some nice YA fantasy book recommendations besides from HP, Percy Jackson and Cassandra Clare...

I’m looking forward t..."

the grishaverse! it has the shadow and bone trilogy and the six of crows duology and i love them! they're pretty different and if ur looking for more fantasy and magic and stuff, then i recommend shadow and bone. depends on whichever one interests u more :D

message 10: by Rory Gilmore (new)

Rory Gilmore (artemis1) | 20 comments The glittering court is a great series so is the selection or the princess diaries. Also 5 feet apart is one of my favorites right now.