What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Horror short story. Wrongly condemned man curses townsfolk to know when they will die.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TJS (new)

TJS | 4 comments I read a short story long ago in which a wrongly condemned man, I think in some nameless western U.S. town, curses the townspeople to know the hour of their death as he is led to the scaffold. They try to do everything they can to forestall their deaths at the appointed hour, but death keeps finding them anyway.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35366 comments Mod
TJS, what's the genre (which we need to add to the header/topic title) - e.g., adult horror, fantasy?

Around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine. This will speed up the search.

Did you read this short story in an anthology/collection? (What's the common theme of the stories? Single or multiple authors?)

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenw759) | 17 comments Sounds similar to Heinlein's "Life Line"...

message 4: by TJS (new)

TJS | 4 comments Jennifer wrote: "Sounds similar to Heinlein's "Life Line"..."

Thank you! It's not that, but that is a good lead. I can search for reviews of other short stories that mention similarities to the Heinlein one.

message 5: by TJS (new)

TJS | 4 comments Kris wrote: "TJS, what's the genre (which we need to add to the header/topic title) - e.g., adult horror, fantasy?

Around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine. This will speed up the sear..."

I'd say adult horror, thanks. I read it many years ago, perhaps circa 1990-2000. I don't recall the format (anthology, authors, etc.).