Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

General > GR Notifications

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 2461 comments Mod
Thanks to Barb for this tip! Sorry the images aren't coming through for me.

" While you're waiting for GR to turn this back on, here's another, much more reliable way to find new posts. I've been using this method since the last time there was a glitch in the email notifications, and I'll never go back to relying on those emails. (Thanks to Book Concierge for telling me about this method!)

At the top of the group's main page, click on the little gray unread link :
[image]

In the window that opens, you'll see a list of all the threads in that group that have new posts and how many posts there are :
[image]

If you click directly on the red number, it will take you to the first new post in that thread. (I *right-click on the red number, so I don't have to keep going back to the list of unread posts.) When you've checked all the threads you want to check, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on mark all read, so those posts won't show up the next time you check for new posts.

message 2: by L J (new)

L J | 572 comments Quick way to check for new posts in all your Groups:

Community drop down menu
Click on Groups
Each of your Groups with new posts will have link to unread posts in red

message 3: by Barb (new)

Barb | 737 comments That takes you to the same page my method does, but the quick way isn't entirely accurate. It shows no new posts in a group that has new posts in more than 30 different threads :(

message 4: by L J (last edited Oct 06, 2020 02:09PM) (new)

L J | 572 comments Barb wrote: "That takes you to the same page my method does, but the quick way isn't entirely accurate. It shows no new posts in a group that has new posts in more than 30 different threads :("

Good reminder.

So far the only time I've seen a difference in new posts showing in groups and those showing in My Group Discussions is when there's a site malfunction but those do happen all too frequently.

Maybe part of the reason I'm not seeing this much is that I am only in two groups where that many posts in that many threads are likely to happen. Another part, some of my groups have few new posts, just a few each month. It may help that I routinely mark all as read when I look at list in each of my groups.

Then there's the fact that only 10 of your groups are shown and when you switch to see all your groups, new comments are not shown.

message 5: by Barb (new)

Barb | 737 comments Let's just hope GR restores the notifications soon, then this entire discussion will be irrelevant -- until the next time something like this comes up :)

message 6: by ☯Emily (new)

☯Emily  Ginder | 1408 comments They have been restored, at least they are for me. I was notified of your message.

message 7: by Jaye (new)

Jaye  | 34 comments ☯Emily wrote: "They have been restored, at least they are for me. I was notified of your message."

I haven't seen any for 5 days.

message 8: by ☯Emily (new)

☯Emily  Ginder | 1408 comments Most people started getting notifications about 6 hours ago.

message 9: by Icewineanne (new)

Icewineanne | 53 comments Same with me....been out for days.....just starting to receive them again. Yay!!

message 10: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 11 comments Yes I checked my emails this morning and they're back on. Such a relief.

message 11: by Zermeena (new)

Zermeena | 327 comments I haven't been getting email notifications of new posts for most of this month. Does anyone have any suggestions?

message 12: by ☯Emily (new)

☯Emily  Ginder | 1408 comments Having same problem.