Clean Romance Book Group. discussion

Sadie
This topic is about Sadie
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Buddy Reads > Deyane and Gabriella’s discussion.

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Deyane Brun | 22 comments Hey, Gabriella!
How do you want to discuss this? Weekly or by chapter, like three or four chapters ?

message 2: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (last edited Oct 05, 2020 02:17PM) (new)

Ruby Rose | 1156 comments Mod
((Just wanted to warn you that I looked at some of the reviews and this book is not clean. Feel free to read it, I just wanted to let you know.))

Gabriella (luckyreads-gabriella) | 15 comments Deyane wrote: "Hey, Gabriella!
How do you want to discuss this? Weekly or by chapter, like three or four chapters ?"

maybe like every so many chapters

Gabriella (luckyreads-gabriella) | 15 comments Deyane wrote: "Hey, Gabriella!
How do you want to discuss this? Weekly or by chapter, like three or four chapters ?"

okay thank you so much for letting me know, Ill go look it up to see how unclean it is

Gabriella (luckyreads-gabriella) | 15 comments Ruby wrote: "((Just wanted to warn you that I looked at some of the reviews and this book is not clean. Feel free to read it, I just wanted to let you know.))"

Gabriella wrote: "Deyane wrote: "Hey, Gabriella!

maybe like every so many chapters"

Okay so I looked at some reviews and am too uncomfortable with reading this book. Are there any other books you would want to read?

Deyane Brun | 22 comments Gabriella wrote: "Ruby wrote: "((Just wanted to warn you that I looked at some of the reviews and this book is not clean. Feel free to read it, I just wanted to let you know.))"

Gabriella wrote: "Deyane wrote: "Hey..."

Hello, Gabriella! Sorry for the delay, I didn’t receive a notification...

How about the books we previously discussed before? I killed Zoe Spanos or Sadie?

Deyane Brun | 22 comments Ruby wrote: "((Just wanted to warn you that I looked at some of the reviews and this book is not clean. Feel free to read it, I just wanted to let you know.))"

Thank you for telling us!

Gabriella (luckyreads-gabriella) | 15 comments Yes I would be cool with either of those! Which would you prefer?

Deyane Brun | 22 comments Gabriella wrote: "Yes I would be cool with either of those! Which would you prefer?"

Sadie! 😎

I guess there are 31 chapters. Are you able to discuss the first 6 chapters this Sunday? What do you think?

Gabriella (luckyreads-gabriella) | 15 comments Yay great! I need to see if I can get the book at my library

Deyane Brun | 22 comments Gabriella wrote: "Yay great! I need to see if I can get the book at my library"

Great! I’ll start reading as soon as possible!

Deyane Brun | 22 comments Hey, Gabriella! I hope you’re doing well.
Did you get the book at your library?

Gabriella (luckyreads-gabriella) | 15 comments Hi Deyane! I’m doing good, and I got Sadie from the library yesterday and started reading it this morning!

Deyane Brun | 22 comments Awesome! Can’t wait to start our discussion about it...

Deyane Brun | 22 comments Hello, Gabriella!
Are you ready to discuss the first chapters?

Gabriella (luckyreads-gabriella) | 15 comments Yes I am!!

Deyane Brun | 22 comments Cool!
I’m on page 213, episode 6 ‘The girls”.

I’m so devastated for the whole main concept of this book.
First of all, that mother is despicable.
I don’t want to comment any further because I’m have no idea what page you are on.

Gabriella (luckyreads-gabriella) | 15 comments I am on 253 on the chapter right after the first episode 6!

I know I was expecting more thriller and its been pretty chill so far.
and their mother is so bad, like the way she treated Sadie and then how she randomly came back

message 19: by Deyane (last edited Oct 14, 2020 04:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deyane Brun | 22 comments I know right!
One thing that is bugging me the most is the fact she didn’t noticed what that man was doing. I mean...it upsets me

Gabriella (luckyreads-gabriella) | 15 comments I know, she was so negligent toward Sadie and literally noticed nothing.

Also I just finished the book and wow

Deyane Brun | 22 comments Did you? That’s great!

I’ll just finish work right now and start reading the book.

I was shipping Sadie and Javi rsrsrs

message 22: by Deyane (last edited Oct 14, 2020 06:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deyane Brun | 22 comments I finished 😭

Gabriella (luckyreads-gabriella) | 15 comments I was shipping them so much too!! And then he just like disappeared until they talked about him at the very end! And sorry things have been a little hectic but I’m ready to talk about it!!

Deyane Brun | 22 comments Relax, I hope everything is okay!

Let’s talk about each character? Is that okay?

Sadie - I feel sorry for her, if her Claire was a good mother things could have been better, starting with the stutter, self confidence and the abuses. Was she only abused by Keith? Why did she send the postcard? One thing is certain, she loved Mattie, her little sister did or didn’t deserve Sadie (?), I have mixed feelings about it. How about u?
I find amazing how the author didn’t reveal that she died at the end, I would be happy if she was alive and with Javi. However, deep inside we know she’s dead.

Tell me what you think about Sadie. 😌

Gabriella (luckyreads-gabriella) | 15 comments Hi! And things are okay! School work has taken up a lot of time and there are wild fires by my town so that has had a lot of people stressed.
Going through the character sounds great!

I loved Sadie so much, she was so strong and determined and never giving up. She was dealt life’s worst cards with her mom who just neglected her the whole time, and all the creepy stuff Keith did to her. And Mattie took her for granted so much I feel like. Sadie did all this stuff for Mattie and Mattie practically worshipped their mom. I feel like she was only abused by Keith (the other guys seemed to not really care about the kids). And I am so confused as to why Sadie sent the postcard, bc it sounded like in the story she complained so much about her mom sending a post card ( I first theorized that Keith actually sent the post card). My guess is Sadie thought the post card would give her sister closure so she could move on, but it just fueled Mattie’s drive to find their mom.
I know I didn’t like how the author left it open ended because why would Sadie survive and the author not tell you so you know she’s dead. Plus the final podcast episode is a year after Keith and Sadie encountering so if she was still alive someone probably would have found her. I wish she stayed alive and ended up with Javi, they were so cute together.
And I really loved how the author gave Sadie a stutter. I have had a stutter for my whole life and seeing that representation in a book was amazing. It was portrayed so well and I related to Sadies struggles with it so much.
Wow I wrote a lot 😂

Deyane Brun | 22 comments I’m so sorry to hear that! 😢

I strongly agree with you. Why did Sadie kept saying that her mother send the postcard when she was the one who sent it? I think Sadie wasn’t in a good shape, I mean with all the stuff that has been happening. I think she kept saying that to not blame herself.
I was shocked when I noticed the last podcast was a year later, after that I was sure she wasn’t alive. That’s so SAD. At least Keith didn’t survive. Imagine going through all that stuff, die by his hands and not getting your revenge?

That man is so disgusting!!!!! Shall we talk about him?

Oh! I really don’t know what to say. How do you feel now with your stutter? Did you getter better? If you don’t want to answer I’ll understand 💕

Gabriella (luckyreads-gabriella) | 15 comments thank you!

I definitely agree with all the trauma, it just affected her so badly. And it is so mean to say this but I am so glad he is dead. Like ugh he made me so mad.

Yes let's talk about him!

I am so confused as to why he killed Mattie. It seemed more his style to just take Mattie and abuse her not kill her. and with fires?!?!? Like why? Everything he did was so creepy and so terrible.

I feel good about it!! I actually do not mind my stutter anymore. I have gotten it more under control and it is not that obvious anymore. Dealing with it all my life has made me so much stronger so I am thankful for that. Thank you for asking about it!

Deyane Brun | 22 comments Hello, Gabriella. I’m sorry I didn’t reply earlier. It’s been a hectic week.

I think he was becoming more than a predator.
Was he starting to kill? Did he kill her by accident? I don’t know, but these are the only reasons I can came up with. Do you remember he was collecting things like fabric and stuff? This makes things creepier...

I’m so glad to hear that your experience made you stronger. This is awesome.

We have one day left. Our buddy reading is almost over 😢

message 29: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Ruby Rose | 1156 comments Mod
If you want to participate in the next one than please put your name here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/.... Other than that let me know when you are done and I will close this topic.

Gabriella (luckyreads-gabriella) | 15 comments Hey!!

Yes he definitely was becoming more dangerous and probably would have done a lot worse has Sadie not gotten to him. Maybe he was planning to kill even more girls than Mattie.

Aww I’m so sad it’s over, this was so fun!! And I’m so sad we got to read this book and talk about it.

Deyane Brun | 22 comments I agree! It was definitely fun! I hope we can buddy read near in the future again.

Gabriella (luckyreads-gabriella) | 15 comments Yes I’d love to!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.