Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > done. Create ACE: The Long Way (also has ex of seeing diff covers on Amazon for same ASIN)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments I must admit that I am lost.
I have used Amazon.com as a source:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...

could you please link yours?

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Could another (preferably US) librarian please check and correct if needed?

message 4: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments I was able to save the cover from the cached Amazon page. This is so weird tho. I never had this issue before.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6838 comments Corinne wrote: "We do have 4 other examples where "old" covers were used. (old to me)"

Rivka has said the cover on Amazon is the one we're to use, current or not.

message 6: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Oct 05, 2020 02:18PM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6838 comments I'm sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that Olivia was using the wrong cover. I was responding to your We do have 4 other examples where "old" covers were used.

I go to Amazon.com.

As to your first named title, your link for Olivia does not work, but I assume it is the cover on that edition. (I have x-referenced them, as getting to the ACE took a lot of time.) However, the cover on Amazon is not the same as either of them.

And because the cover and the ACE are not linked, I'll bow out of this thread. It's just too frustrating.

message 7: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Oct 05, 2020 02:59PM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6838 comments Corinne, it wasn't your links that were the problem. It was the failure to put cross-references in the description of the linked books that was causing the frustration. The reason we do these, and that Goodreads made the ACE creation so simple, is to make things easier for readers to find their edition. Just having a librarian note is almost incidental. (And yes, I realize it's not in the manual, therefore not policy. I just think it's the most helpful way for librarians to do things.)

message 8: by Olivia (last edited Oct 05, 2020 02:59PM) (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments I think I fixed them all. The only way I can get to see the correct covers is using the cached Amazon pages from my browser.