#ClassicsCommunity 2021 Reading Challenge discussion

Reading Updates > October Classics TBR

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gia (last edited Oct 05, 2020 08:26AM) (new)

Gia What classics are you hoping to read in October?

I'm hoping to read The Witch Family by Eleanor Estes, A Romance of Two Worlds by Marie Corelli, Captains Courageous by Rudyard Kipling, and The Epic Voyages of Maud Berridge: The Seafaring Diaries of a Victorian Lady.

message 2: by Georgie (new)

Georgie Minter-Brown (georgiemb) | 19 comments I’m about to jump into The White Devil! I haven’t read a play in a while so hoping this is a good one

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne (annemontgomery) | 9 comments My plans are to read a lot of Stephen King this month, and add some horror books to the mix and finish a few classics. So far, I've finished the count of Monte christo (had 200 pages to go), Lisey's story, the uncut version of the Stand, Cujo, Pet Sematary, and finishing up everything's eventual.
Going to read the phantom of the opera in the next few days, and have not decided on my next Stephen King. I might go for the desperados one, or whatever that one is entitled with the weird picture. And hoping to dig out Carrie from one of the boxes and pick another one I've never read.

message 4: by Anne (new)

Anne (annemontgomery) | 9 comments uh, sorry, I didn't see Classics on there, and the app doesn't allow me to edit or delete. Apologies!

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen (karinlib) | 30 comments I am reading The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins, and I am enjoying it so far. It is the first book I have read by Collins. I think October is the perfect month to read this book.

thelibraryofalexandra (thelibraryofalexandraa) | 28 comments October has been such a weird reading month for me haha but I’m planning on finishing The Europeans by Henry James that I’ve just started. I’ve already been able to read Persuasion by Jane Austen and To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf for my classics this month.

If I can, I would love to be able to read Rebecca by Daphne De Maurier and If On A Winter’s Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino!

message 7: by Lorri (new)

Lorri | 26 comments Here is my Victorian Literature Victober TBR:

The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall – Anne Brontë
Three Ghost Stories – Charles Dickens
Aurora Floyd – Mary Elizabeth Braddon
A Woman of No Importance – Oscar Wilde
De Profundis unabridged – Oscar Wilde
The Cricket on the Hearth: A Tale of Home – Charles Dickens
Shirley – Charlotte Brontë
Dombey and Son – Charles Dickens

Just have the last three to finish.