FLASHLIGHT READERS discussion

Rick Riordan
This topic is about Rick Riordan
AUTHORS!! > Rick Riordan

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Srujan, Bibliophile (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 1320 comments Mod
I have read the first two Percy Jackson books. And I really like his writing skills and the way he has developed the camp Half Blood.

message 2: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1106 comments I really enjoy his books, and they’re very creative in incorporating Greek mythology yet making the story interesting at the same time. The diversity of characters also helps make the books more inclusive and interesting as well. The Percy Jackson books are one of my favourite series, but I didn’t really enjoy Heroes of Olympus or The Trials of Apollo as much. Having said that, I’m still excited to read The Tower of Nero when it comes out!

message 3: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) I love the Percy Jackson series, but I think every other book of his fell flat. He needs to step away from mythology and teenage demigods and try something new. It gets tired after a while of the same old same old.

message 4: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1106 comments @Sofia I agree! I haven’t been enjoying his newer books as much as the original Percy Jackson series either.

message 5: by katie ❀ (new)

katie ❀ (whisperngpages) Yes, I agree. I liked PJO okay, but his other series started to blend together into a gigantic bland blur. All I know about Greek mythology can be credited to Rick Riordan. I quit on House of Hades. But PJO will always bring back the nostalgia *cue wistful look*

message 6: by Ojas (new)

Ojas | 211 comments Yes. I like Percy Jackson the most, but I think Magnus Chase is also good. Although yes, I completely agree that it is turning into a bland blur and he needs to try a different topic.