Book of The Month discussion

2020 > General Discussion 2020

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (thehispanicbookworm) | 311 comments What were your October BOTM picks? Mine were The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, Leave the World Behind, and Magic Lessons

message 2: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Lisker | 22 comments Honestly, I'm more into my add-ons than my pick. I picked Magic Lessons because it was the most appealing of the bunch to me but I have read sooooo much Alice Hoffmann. My adds-on were Pachinko (can't wait) and Trick Mirror, essays by Jia Tolentino. Was I the only one disappointed in October's choices? Then again, I admit I do not like horror, romance or fantasy lol.

message 3: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Lisker | 22 comments I will admit Leave the World Behind is getting a lot of buzz so I might have to open myself up to some genres...

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex | 8 comments I picked up Leave the World Behind, The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, and The Girl in the Mirror

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 19 comments I picked Addie LaRue and added on Invisible Girl and Home Before Dark. I am currently reading Winter Counts until my books arrive.

message 6: by Britany (new)

Britany | 34 comments I picked Addie LaRue too- excited to read it!

message 7: by Brittney (new)

Brittney Schmidt (schmidtyoushouldread) | 66 comments Just started Addie LaRue, it’s SO good!!

message 8: by Vivi (new)

Vivi (vivi91) | 18 comments I need to get Addie as an add on next month, that one and deadly education

message 9: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 79 comments I also got Addie LaRue! I got Anxious People as my add on and I'm super excited for both!

message 10: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 79 comments Sheri wrote: "I will admit Leave the World Behind is getting a lot of buzz so I might have to open myself up to some genres..."

When I first subscribed to BOM I used to pick the books that sounded least interesting to me in an effort to get into new genres. A lot of the time I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the book, and yes, sometimes I HATED the book. (Lately I've been picking my favorite genres) But I would still recommend picking books that you wouldn't usually pick, and hopefully learn something new about yourself!

message 11: by ♥ Sandi ❣ (new)

♥ Sandi ❣	Sheri wrote: "I will admit Leave the World Behind is getting a lot of buzz so I might have to open myself up to some genres..."

I picked Leave the World Behind - and I think I am gonna like it. I did pick it before I saw all the controversy on it - but I too was disappointed in the selection.

message 12: by ♥ Sandi ❣ (new)

♥ Sandi ❣	I noticed that the other books that I thought I might like - like Girl in the Mirror and Addie LaRue - I can get from my library, so Leave the World Behind was the most obvious pick for me.

message 13: by Martha (new)

Martha Crone (mwec) | 6 comments Magic Lessons. Just got it today! Excited

message 14: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Lisker | 22 comments ♥ Sandi ❣ wrote: "Sheri wrote: "I will admit Leave the World Behind is getting a lot of buzz so I might have to open myself up to some genres..."

I picked Leave the World Behind - and I think I am gonna like it. I ..."

Controversy? Hmmm, now I have to look that up...

message 15: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Lisker | 22 comments Madeline wrote: "Sheri wrote: "I will admit Leave the World Behind is getting a lot of buzz so I might have to open myself up to some genres..."

When I first subscribed to BOM I used to pick the books that sounded..."

Good approach! I did join BOTM to find new reads and make new discoveries. Not that I'm lacking things to read lol. My TBR is towering...

Caitlin 🐈 (k8ln14) | 36 comments I picked up Ties That Tether and I’m going to start this today!

message 17: by Judy (new)

Judy (pacurn80) | 24 comments I also chose Leave the World Behind ♥️! Can’t wait!!!