2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Silenced (Lucy Kincaid, #4)
This topic is about Silenced
Silenced > Question G

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6199 comments Mod
Senator Jonathan Paxton is featured prominently in this story, answering some of the remaining questions from earlier stories and creating even more murkier issues. He asserted a lot of things about Lucy’s acceptance into the FBI. What did you believe/disbelieve? What are his true feelings for Lucy? Your thoughts about his attempt to give Sean details about what happened to Lucy?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1662 comments I thought he was blowing smoke claiming he was the reason she got in. I think he has love/hate feelings for Lucy. She is strong and capable, but she survived and his daughter didn't. This guy is no friend to Sean and Lucy. By giving Sean detains about what happened to Lucy, he was seeking to drive a wedge between them.

Robin (robinmy) | 1401 comments As soon as Senator Paxton showed up in the book, I thought he was had hired Brian and Ned. I didn't believe his claim about Lucy's acceptance into the FBI. I hated how he blackmailed Sean into working for him. I hoped that Sean would find incriminating evidence against him instead.

message 4: by Jonetta (last edited Oct 07, 2020 09:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anita, those are my feelings to a T. This guy has an agenda and it’s not a good one. If I had any doubts, his attempt to make Sean aware of the details of Lucy’s abduction erased them. It was a vile move and we haven’t seen the last of this guy.

Robin, I wondered too if Paxton had hired Brian and Ned but I just couldn’t square Chris & Jocelyn’s murder with him.

Melissa (melissasd) | 673 comments Jonathan Paxton thinks only of himself and how information, given or received, will benefit him. He made this obvious when he spoke to Sean about Lucy. He wants to love Lucy like he did his own daughter, but I feel like he's still mad that Lucy survived and his daughter didn't.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1662 comments Exactly, Melissa.

Great point, Melissa.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2002 comments Melissa, I had the same thoughts. Paxton made me yell at my book when he revealed the information about Lucy to Sean. Paxton likes to pretend he has Lucy's interests at heart but he is too selfish.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 770 comments Sharon, you put it very well indeed.