Play Book Tag discussion

October 2020: Animals > Poll Ballot Tag - Northern Lights - Phillip Pullman - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennywilliams88) | 711 comments Team: Jade Dragons
Washington - coffee
https://www.goodreads.com/work/shelve... (column 1)

Blurb: When Lyra's friend Roger disappears, she and her dæmon, Pantalaimon, determine to find him.

The ensuing quest leads them to the bleak splendour of the North, where armoured bears rule the ice and witch-queens fly through the frozen skies - and where a team of scientists is conducting experiments too horrible to be spoken about.

Lyra overcomes these strange terrors, only to find something yet more perilous waiting for her - something with consequences which may even reach beyond the Northern Lights...

Review: I think I'd have enjoyed this more if I hadn't seen the TV show first, as I was picturing James McAvoy as Lord Asriel all the time - and in my opinion James is too nice an actor to portray a villain. It did however get my oldest read book (according to Goodreads) off my shelf - I reckon it's been there since 1998!

message 2: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1389 comments I loved James McAvoy as Lord Asriel. He is nice, but you need to see him in Split and Glass if you don't think he makes a good villain.

I loved this series and I love the HBO series so far. I'm excited for season 2 in November.