FLASHLIGHT READERS discussion

MUSIC! > BTS Army

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1106 comments I dislike it too, but K-pop is really popular at my school and among my friends.

message 2: by katie ❀ (new)

katie ❀ (whisperngpages) I don't really listen to their music, but I think their music's okay, considering they're Korean too, like me.

message 3: by Aaron (new)

Aaron (aa3142) | 11 comments I gave them a shot because Kpop is so popular. I like their older stuff that was more hip hop. Not really a fan of this pop stuff they’ve been putting out more recently. I do really like the new song Dionysus though.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Savage love is really good!

message 5: by Ojas (new)

Ojas | 211 comments Srujan wrote: "Please don't hate me for this but I don't like BTS. I really don't know why.
I really don't understand the hype around them.
What opinions do you guys have on the BTS Army?"

Same here!!! Too many beats everywhere and a language that I don't understand is kinda confusing.

message 6: by Anne-Sophie (new)

Anne-Sophie Laurin | 14 comments I didn't understand the hype either until recently (I thought: why are people gushing over their faces? so much makeup! why this obsession over music that sounds just like regular pop?) well, here's what happened...

I heard not long ago that they were 'good role models' and that the lyrics to their songs were beautiful. And that they wrote and composed their own music, which I thought that was a refreshing difference from pop music in general, where artists often feel like puppets.

so I was intrigued and read the translation of some of their lyrics.... and..... their fans are right.... its really beautiful.

Their messages feel real, honest, and conveyed in such a beautiful way. I feel like I'm reading poetry. They make me feel seen and understood, they give me feelings of hope and sheer joy. It's a shame I can't understand Korean, because I feel like I have to experience their music separately (Lyrics vs actually listening to their songs)

so yeah, I'm so happy to have discovered a group that put so much of theirselves among an industry that is usually so heavily manufactured....

The first song of which I read the translated lyrics is 'persona' and it rang so true to me, it will always be something special to me.

so, yeah, bottom line is... There is more to discover about them than the visuals and the beat. if youre curious, please, read some of their lyrics. it's rare, precious, and beautiful.

message 7: by Srujan, Bibliophile (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 1320 comments Mod
Srujan wrote: "Please don't hate me for this but I don't like BTS. I really don't know why.
I really don't understand the hype around them.
What opinions do you guys have on the BTS Army?"

I guess I really need to edit my message cause I have become a die hard fan BTS!!!!!!
I love them a lot. Their story, music, lyrics and everything about them is beautiful.
I have even started learning korean for them!
My bias is Taehyung. Oh! I love his voice!! They all are sooo amazing that it too difficult to chose a bias! My favorite songs of BTS are- Dynamite, Boy with Luv, Life Goes On, Stay Gold, Blood Sweat and Tears, Dna and Fake love.
I really think that every one should know their story. Thanks to Big Hit for finding these gems!!

Sarangheo!💜💜

message 8: by Keydon (new)

Keydon (mapleleafz) | 75 comments I actually like them a lot and I listen to their music while I read sometimes. The messages behind their songs are beautiful and the overall songs are just really catchy. I’ve been a fan since like, 2015 or 2016? Love them

message 9: by Srujan, Bibliophile (last edited Mar 16, 2021 02:42AM) (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 1320 comments Mod
Hi Fellow A.R.M.Y's!!
I have created a few Spotify playlists. I would love to share them with you all!
In Love with BTS
Underrated Songs by BTS
Beginner's Guide to BTS