What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > 2 booksFantasy or Sci Fi Fantasy.I Believe around 2007. I think before I got an iPod. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Head | 4 comments So I think I might be misrembering details.

1. First Book I recall a man, a powerful man in a prison yard of some sort. I believe a lady in black comes to rescue him or he ends up rescuing her.
Towards the end of the book he saves the girls life, but dies to some kind of plant he is prophesied to die too. Or he must stay away from at all cost. I believe it was mistletoe. The book kind of read like an older style book if I remember.

2. Second Book, I have even less details I believe a man goes back in time (this detail may not be accurate) i remember he defeats an army or a general directly or in directly I don't remember how or why. I know at some point in the story I am not sure when his first (or later) love dies her name is Ygritte, Yvaine, or Yvonne (maybe) I deeply believe it starts with a Y. I distinctly remember a jungle setting.

3. Like I stated before I might be mismatching details or misrembering. Please any help is greatly appreciated I have been trying to identify and find these two books for 10 years now. Thank you in Advance.

4. Also an apology in advance I might be completely wrong on when I read them and these may have been Wattpad stories. I DO NOT believe this is the case. But every year my memory goes more fuzzy on the subject. The only things I can remember distinctly are what I listed above.

Again Thank You!

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 809 comments 1) The god Baldur, from Norse mythology, could only be killed by mistletoe. "He had a dream of his own death and his mother had the same dream. Since dreams were usually prophetic, this depressed him, so his mother Frigg made every object on earth vow never to hurt Baldr. All objects made this vow except mistletoe[11]—a detail which has traditionally been explained with the idea that it was too unimportant and nonthreatening to bother asking it to make the vow."

message 3: by Kris (last edited Oct 04, 2020 11:02AM) (new)

Kris | 35345 comments Mod
Dennis, are the two books in the same series?

UPDATE: If not, you must create a separate thread for each book:
- If you're using the Mobile app (or Mobile website), create two new threads and we'll delete this one.
- If you're using the full Desktop website, you can edit Message #1 and remove the second book.

I added a spoiler alert to the header for book 1.

message 4: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Head | 4 comments no they are not. but I'm wondering if I might be mixing details between the two. thats why I made one post. I will make 2 separate ones