Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Recommendations > Novel Recommendation

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ondreianna (new)

Ondreianna | 2 comments I love reading all kinds of things manga included. I have recently begun wondering if there are any novels that have similar feels and story lines to some mangas. I absolutely love Vampire Knight so of course any novels that have similar feels, stories, etc would be very interesting to me. I know, of course, that there will be a lot of differences since novels and mangas are different mediums. I also love Black Bird too. Tengus, Yokai, and other Japanese lore is fun. I read a lot of lore from other countries and cultures but have never read any from Japan for some reason lol. So throw anything at me that you think matches. Thank you!!

message 2: by Phoenix2 (new)

Phoenix2 | 31 comments Shadow of the Fox (Shadow of the Fox, #1) by Julie Kagawa was pretty good, kind of like a shounen manga, though the other books of the trilogy weren't that good. This one includes Yokai.

your name. by Makoto Shinkai and Weathering With You by Makoto Shinkai You can try these two if you liked the movies.

message 3: by Ondreianna (last edited Oct 07, 2020 07:32PM) (new)

Ondreianna | 2 comments Phoenix2 wrote: "Shadow of the Fox (Shadow of the Fox, #1) by Julie Kagawa was pretty good, kind of like a shounen manga, though the other books of the trilogy weren't that good. This one includes Yokai.

Cool! Thanks Ill check the Shadow of the Fox out for sure. And will probably also check out the other two, though I am not at all familiar with them but I will add them to my list!! :) Thanks!