Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Charles Dickens
This topic is about Charles Dickens
Book Issues > Please correct author

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike | 59 comments Please change the author of this book to Charles Dickens:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

The author and sort order are both Dickens, Charles.

Thank you

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 25175 comments Done.

Have you got any other information on this book, Mike?

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike | 59 comments Sandra wrote: "Done.

Have you got any other information on this book, Mike?"

What information would you like? I have owned this and the other 9 books in the collection since the 1970s.

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 25175 comments Date published, isbns if available.

Anything you can see on the edition that's missing from the record.

message 5: by Mike (new)

Mike | 59 comments No sorry, there is no other information in this edition.

message 6: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Mike wrote: "No sorry, there is no other information in this edition."

Is this part of a set, or sold individually?

message 7: by Mike (new)

Mike | 59 comments There are 10 volumes. When I bought them they were selling individual volumes out the front of a bookshop but I asked if they had a full set in a box so they got one from out the back. The box was just a packing box, not a slipcase. I think they were only $5 each (but it was the mid-70s). When I googled World Classics Library Bobley I found a set on eBay for $400 but the photo only showed volumes 2-10.

message 8: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Mike wrote: "There are 10 volumes. When I bought them they were selling individual volumes out the front of a bookshop but I asked if they had a full set in a box so they got one from out the back. The box was ..."

I was asking because if they are originally sold as a set, they should be listed as one record, with the details listed in the description.

Is it a Dickens set?

message 9: by Mike (new)

Mike | 59 comments No it's not - there are 10 different authors, each volume has a sample of their work. The Dickens volume has A Tale of Two Cities, The Cricket on the Hearth and American Notes.

I've never seen the full set listed, in either these editions or in later publishers' re-issues.